No, its colder than a deep freeze. The T-Blazer said -21 degrees on my way to work today. Shoveling last night was ridiculous. We made a rough path and headed in the house. At least we can get the cars in the driveway! What's your temp, Kristi? Hopping a plane and coming out to visit is getting more and more tempting! :)
I'm slowly getting more energy back and am not exhausted by the time I get home from work. It helps that we have been kinda slow at work lately. Not a lot of people have met their deductibles for the year yet, so we're really only seeing Medicare and Medicaid right now. And not many of them. It does get a little boring sometimes. I've been working out a little at work, so I don't have to do it when I get home.
My latest deal has been tension headaches and sore/tight neck. I've been stretching, heating, and having co-workers do treatments on me. I have a massage scheduled next week. Ahh... Stress sucks!
Matt has started a new class. It is Intermediate Accounting. He took Principles of Accounting 14-15 years ago, so he was a little nervous for this class. It has been 5:30-9:00 on Tuesday nights. I usually have to keep myself very busy during this time, so I don't think while he is gone. I wish it was warmer, so I could go on a bike ride while he is gone.
Really not a lot going on here. Just trying to stay warm!
~Desi
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
I wish I was having a massage!! I need to do that sometime. Good luck to Matt on that class!! Must be nice to get to work out at work. I am just trying to get back into walking on the treadmill every day or two, just for starters.
I have felt very happy/guilty all week because we've been 80 degrees and above all week. Just unbelievably great weather and it feels even better since it's so unbelievably cold back there! I have to go to Utah next weekend though, so it will be cold for me (in the 30s). I wish you would come out and help us with some patient care! We are completely swamped! We don't seem to be affected by deductibles-weird I never thought about that before. We were doing really well until two of our new PTALAs took their tests AND FAILED! Seriously, have you ever heard of that! Anyway, I've been busy busy every day this week. Yesterday I had 9 people there at once! One of my patients asked me how I keep my sanity and I just said-WHO SAID I HAVE IT! Anyway-at least it's beautiful outside! Keep your head up and hopefully the weather will get warm soon! =)
-21 here in the QCA (Thursday) Friday (now) is supposed to be worse like -29. Wind chills are running -30 to -40 below. UCKO! Darn cold walk into work. I have a headache and sore neck tonight too. I don't think the weather or shoveling helps any. Get that massage! Keep taking it easy on yourself. 'this too shall pass' and 'GOD does not give us more than we can handle'. Read 'Footprints in the Sand' again! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOR Matt! I hate acctg courses. Too many numbers! :) hahahahahahahahaha A bike ride or walk on a balmy 80 degree day sounds sooooo nice right now! I can do laps in the house where I am having trouble getting the temp to 70 degrees. I was 'queen' for the day - got my crown at 8:30. Mouth hurts tonight so I dozed early now awake. DAH.
hugs and love and prayers, rah
Kristi- My clinic is affected by deductibles because we have a hospital clinic and an offsite office. It is financially more beneficial for commercial insurance patients who haven't met their deductible for the year to go to the offsite clinic. They pay a co-pay each visit whereas a co-pay is not paid at our hospital clinic. If that makes any sense!
I really can't imagine having 9 people there at the same time! My anxiety levels would be through the roof!
~Des
Glad to see you back on the blog! Yes, we got to visit the wonderful town of Monticello. It was quite fun! :)
Post a Comment