Sunday, March 15, 2009

A long overdue post

Can't say that I have had no time to post a new blog, just lazy.

Matt has two weeks off of his Intermediate Accounting II class for spring break. Not sure why two weeks and not just one. He has enjoyed the time off without homework to focus on.

Lots of stuff has been going on at my work lately. The director of HR and the CFO both resigned last week. For some reason, there were a lot of people unhappy with these two individuals. There is a lot going on with administration, disgruntled employees and physicians, etc. etc. I don't know much of what is going on because I usually stay in our happy little basement rehab bubble. I just hope nothing happens to the hospital because I really enjoy working there.

Last weekend, my mom and dad came out to visit after getting their taxes done on Saturday. We went to the DM Art Center to see Grant Wood's American Gothic and went to ZZZ Records for Dad to browse around. Couldn't go into the country section, though. I think someone had just tossed their cookies back there, and the store employee had just cleaned up. Not that I would have gone into that section anyway!

Then we went to church Sat. night. We wanted my parents to see/hear our pastor because he is an awesome speaker. Of course, he wasn't there and someone else was speaking. Bummer. They'll have to come to church with is again when he is there.

After church, we went to the Hilltop for pizza. YUM! We rented movies and went home. Sat. night we watched "Swing Vote" with Kevin Costner and a host of other celebs and Sun. morning after breakfast we watched "The Deal" with William H Macy and Meg Ryan. That one was certainly quirky!

This week, Matt and I had Thurs and Fri off. Matt had a minor, planned surgery under anesthesia on Thurs. Of course, anytime they completely knock you out, it is scary, but he came through just awesome! He is doing really well, and is ready to go back to work tomorrow. It was hard getting him to rest because everytime I did the laundry or fixed lunch on Fri. he wanted to help. We went for a nice walk today and ran some errands, so he is definitely doing well.

Matt's parents came out this weekend. We didn't do a lot. Watched some "Friends" on DVD, ran some errands, played dominoes, ate tacos, and went out for breakfast. They left shortly after breakfast on Sun.

I aired up my bike tires this afternoon to get my bike ready to go any night this week that I want to hop on after work. Yay! I'm sure my legs and butt will be quite sore after my first ride of the season!

I'm likin' this nice weather!

Have a great week!!

~Des

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the week. Weather sounds wonderful. We deserve it! I hate the time change - still tired. Hope Matt is doing well.
hugs, rah

Kati said...

I like this weather too!! We got out the kids bikes and let them ride. Deacon loves to go through every mud puddles he sees and he wiped out in one and was covered from head to toe in mud. He didn't think that was so cool. He does not like getting dirty like that.

Hope Matt recovers. Deacon gets to have a mouth surgery and probably tonsils yet this year. Poor kid. We are going to see if he can have them both done at once to save the pain twice.