Sunday, March 29, 2009

A little bit of winter left

If we would have stayed in central Iowa this weekend, we wouldn't have seen any more accumulating snow! We were in Monti, and I would say it snowed about 4-5".

Brendan's 4th b-day is tomorrow, so we were at his party on Saturday. On the way, we stopped at the outlet mall in Williamsburg. I bought a pair of jeans, a pair of khakis, and some shirts. The jeans are the same size, but the khakis are a size smaller. I haven't worn that size since I don't remember when! Probably just a sizing fluke. Matt either didn't find anything, or he decided he didn't need anything.

We also stopped at Steak 'n Shake in Coralville. Chili and Cherry Coke are really all you need!! Nummers!

Bren's party was fun, and that kid is a hoot! When it came time to open his presents, he stated that he was too tired to open presents. That drove Gary crazy! Stayed at Mel and Jerry's afterwards and played Wii.

Last night was my 10 year HS class reunion. I was right there in town but decided I didn't want to go. No good excuse, I just didn't want to go. I'm not good in social situations. Could be why I lack friends. Low self-esteem, I think.

Today, we hung with Mom and Dad for a little bit then went to the Kray's. They had Gage and Leah for the weekend. Those kids are pretty darn funny, too! We had lunch and drove home.

I think Oliver was ticked that we left him at home alone. I gave him some salad, and he just sat in his house and machine gunned me. I told him to calm down and that he would travel with us over Easter.

This past week I made an unexpected trip to Cedar Rapids. Mom called me Monday night stating that Dad may have had a heart attack, and he was at St. Luke's. Tuesday morning, she called me and told me he did have a heart attack and was scheduled for the cath lab at 10:30. I packed an overnight bag, called work, and hit the road. I wanted to get there, so I could be with Mom during the procedure. She called while I was on the road, and told me they got him in early, so I got there just as the Dr. started talking to her.

The bypass grafts on the three main coronary arteries from '96 were perfectly clear, but there were some blood clots in the graft of a smaller branch. Will treat with meds. I think he was pretty frustrated b/c he had completely changed his lifestyle after the bypass surgery. I'd like to think it was God's way of telling him to chill out and stop stressing himself out over politics and talk radio!!! :)

Matt went back to class this week. At least I got home later in the evening from CR because it would have been weird to be home alone again.

Nothing special planned for this week that I know of. I discharged a lot of people last week, so I'm guessing I'll have a lot of new evals.

Later!

3 comments:

Kati said...

The snow was crazy, and it sucked!

Anonymous said...

We had maybe 1-2 inches of snow. Stayed warmer so we got more rain. YAHOO. I am sick and tired of this weather. Hope your Dad is feeeling better. I need to call them. Have a good week. hugs, rah

Jason said...

Hope your Dad is doing ok now....and I don't think you lack friends, we are here, we are just all bad at making plans to get together. Maybe someday we will get better about that.... :)