Wednesday, March 31, 2010

It's a Boy!!

Well, we had a rough night, but it all worked out in the end. Desi labored from 8 am to 10:30 pm, then she began pushing. She pushed for 2-3 hours total, but it was evenutally determined that the little one was stuck, and a C-Section would be needed to get him out. Finally, at 3:18, our little bundle arrived!

Ethan Matthew Kray was finally here. Being a boy took most people by surprise. Nearly everyone (except our OB nurse) thought it was a girl. He tipped the scales at 7 pounds, 3.7 ounces. He was 20-1/4 inches long. He has a little bit of reddish hair. He is quite adorable, if I do say so myself. ;)

Today, everyone is resting. Mommy and Ethan are getting some much needed sleep. I should be too, but I have a hard time sleeping during the daytime hours. Even when I didn' sleep at all the night before. :(

We aren't sure when we are getting sprung from the hospital. Desi thinks her insurance pays for 96 hours inpatient, so we'll see.

-Matt

No comments: