Wow. It has been forever since I've posted anything here.
For the past 6 weeks, my life has been consumed with literature. This class was tougher than I thought it would be. I read about 40 short stories, answered hundreds of questions about the stories, read a novel (The Scarlet Letter), wrote 2 research papers, and had a mid-term exam. I only have one class left, Monday night, in which I have a final exam. I'll study for that on Saturday and Sunday while Desi is at work. At least I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
My next class starts after Labor Day, and meets every other Saturday. It is called Oceans and Atmosphere. It was presented as a meteorology class. Sounds good. I need a science credit to graduate, so that was about the easiest one for me. Then in October, I'll have another mind-altering class. It's called Organization & Behavior. I guess I'll learn more about corporate America. It's another requirement.
Oliver is doing so much better. He actually sings for food now. When we hold him, he clucks so happily. He is starting to eat and drink better too. He LOVES his timothy hay. He goes crazy when we open the bag. It's just so darn cute. Desi has tried to take pictures of him scarfing it down, but the red-eye reduction on the camera is powerless against his little hoggy eyes. The pictures make him look like the spawn of the devil. He really isn't evil, I swear.
The car is doing well. I don't really miss the Grand Prix at all. It has been so hot the past couple of weeks, and I would have always been paranoid of it over-heating and dying on me. The Impala is running like a champ. It got about 28 miles per gallon on our trip to Marion last weekend. Not too shabby. The Pontiac would only get us 23 in ideal conditions.
As much as I hate to admit it, I think I've been sucked into Big Brother this summer. Stupid reality shows! I thought I shook BB for good, since I haven't watched the last 3 seasons. Oh well. I guess there isn't any good summer programming this year. Although, we did start watching Swingtown. That is a dumb show set in the 70s about a group of neighbors that are swingers. Interesting.
Today is day 1 of the Iowa State Fair. We are planning to go tomorrow night, since the weather will be decent. I get 2 free admissions every year from work. We always find the coolest evening of the fair and head over. Last year, we rode the shuttle from Southeast Polk high school to the fair, and avoided all of the hassles of parking near the grounds. It worked really slick! It only costs a buck. Sure beats the $6 to park at the fair (or $10 to park in some east-siders' yard). Luckily, my teeth are in better shape this year, so I should be able to have some good fair food for supper. Last year, we went on the third day I had braces, and my mouth was so sore!
Well, Jessie, the Iowa guy got voted out of Big Brother. Michelle won head of household for the next week. Good for her. She deserves it.
Well, I suppose I should wrap this up for tonight. Have a good weekend!
-Matt
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Good to hear from you again Matt! Enjoy the time off 'after' your final exam. Emjoy the fair too! I bought an Ipod last night and finally after 4 hours tonight I have music on it and in my ears! YAHOO! I had to upgrade my Windows XP before I could install Itunes and therefore upload a CD. I've done one CD. I'll wait before I upload more. This was enough time spent. Take care, rah
Post a Comment