Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Birthday, Gage!!

Happy Birthday to Gage!! He is 11 years old today!! Holy cow!!! He was born in Aug of '97, and Matt and I started dating in Apr '98. It seems weird that I have been around long enough to watch his 11 year old nephew grow up!!

On Sunday, we traveled to Marion to celebrate his birthday. Glad we got a list for him because I have no idea what to buy for an 11 year old boy. He wanted a Boston CD (he was also at the Jones County Fair concert) and a Puddle of Mudd CD (edited version, of course!). Before the party, we ate a Steak n' Shake. I still cannot believe there are none of those restaurants in DM!! I LOVE the chili!

We filled the Impala up for $3.50/gal in Altoona. Gas was $3.80 in Williamsburg and $3.70 in Cedar Rapids!!! Yikes!

Saturday, Matt wrote his Scarlet Letter paper, and I cleaned. Yay. I went on a bike ride on Saturday morning because the weather was beautiful! It was much better than yesterday and today. Today, the heat index is in the low 100's. BLEH!! I'm hibernating inside!

I took Oliver back to the vet for a follow-up tonight. He weighs 1.85 lbs. He is off of antibiotics and baby food now. He really enjoys his hay but still doesn't drink a lot of water. He is getting talkative now and will cluck when you pet him. The vet offered another chest radiograph to see if he still has the consolidation in his lung, but I declined. He is doing better, so why take another x-ray?

Well not much else going on. Matt is done with his Lit class next week. He's pretty excited to get it over with!

Later!

~Des

1 comment:

Mel said...

Happy B-day, Gage!

PS- I finally posted a new blog, WITH PICTURES!!