Guess I haven't blogged for a while, so here goes...
I really should have looked at the last entry to see where I left off, but I guess I will start with the weekend.
Saturday- Matt had class in the AM. Mom, Dad, Mel, Gary, and Brendan came out in the morning. When Matt got home, I opened my presents. For lunch we drove up to Ames to eat at Great Plains Sauce and Dough Company. YUMMY!!!! The boys were so well behaved at the restaurant. Papa taught Gary how to draw trains, and he did a really good job. After lunch, we drove around ISU campus. Mel wanted to show the boys where she went to school. Not sure that Gary was very impressed. Maybe when he is older! Then we headed out to the Kate Shelley High Bridge by Ogden and Boone, but the road was still closed due to recent construction of a new bridge. That's too bad because Brendan really would have gotten a kick out of seeing the BIG railroad bridge.
We then drove back to Altoona, had cake and ice cream, played outside, and then the troops had to head home. The boys were so well behaved. I can't believe how big/old they are getting. They are both so smart!
Sunday- I started out my birthday with the worst stomachache ever at 2am. I went down to the couch and stayed there until about 6:30. Woke up again at about 7:30 and opened my presents from Matt. For breakfast we went to... guess... that's right! Panera! Yummy birthday bagel! Went to the grocery store, went home, read the paper...
We were going to go out for lunch for my b-day, but I decided that since the weather was soooo nice, I wanted to go for a picnic. We packed some awesome sandwiches, chips, salads, and cake and headed to Big Creek State Park up by Polk City. We ate by the lake and went for a walk. We also sat on a bench by the lake, so Matt could just look at the water. We drove around for a bit after that and went home. I read a good chunk of the book Matt got me for my birthday. It is called "Haunted Iowa." I like ghost stories. Just hung out for the rest of the day then. It was nice.
Monday- Matt had class, and the day was otherwise uneventful.
Tuesday- I drove by our polling place after work and decided to wait since the line was waaay out the door. We had supper then headed out to vote. The line wasn't out the door, so we thought we were good to go. Little did we know that the line was snaking around inside the building! We were there for 45 minutes just to eventually eeny-meeny-miney-mo between Dumb and Dumber. After that we got gas for $1.84.
Wednesday- On the way to work, gas was $1.95!!! On the way home from work, gas was $1.84!!! WTF????
Overall, Wednesday was just an annoying day. Lots of little annoying things.
Matt got 100% on his weather quiz!! Yay!
~Desi
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I saw that book cause Kara got it for Tony, and I want to get it cause it looks really cool and interesting to read about haunted stuff!
Hope you got my card. BTW Happy Birthday!!!
Sounds like a fun bday weekend Desi! Did my package arrive? Your picnic sounds sooooo nice. I mulched leaves for 2 hours Wed. afternoon. Got them all done - except for the ones blowing in now - but they aren't mine so they can blow themselves away on their own. Saw our first snow flurries off and on today. YUCKO! Cheapest gas here is $2.29! I doubt WE ever see below $2! I am so glad you like PANERA!! What name do you give them?! I don't give them any! They know me by name! :)) Now how sad is that! Talk about a boring life when Panera knows you on a first name basis! love ya, rah
Post a Comment