Saturday, April 25, 2009

A long time!

It has been a long time since a new blog. Really a lot of the same 'ol, same 'ol.

Went to Monti and Center Junction for Easter. Watched Gary's first soccer game. It was pretty cute with all the kids running for the ball at once, and the goalie hanging on the net! Also, did a lot of yardwork at Matt's parents' house.

Umm... what else...

Matt is still taking Intermediate Accounting II and plans to work on homework tomorrow. That class will be over around May 3. The next one starts on May 9 and will be every other Saturday morning.

I have a student at work right now. She is a DMU student in her last eight week clinical and spent 4 weeks up it upstairs in inpatient and the last four are with me. It has been interesting because she is really just the opposite of me. She is very outspoken, and was even interrupting me during evals. So... I just decided she could do all of the evals and most, if not all, of the existing patients. She'll be graduating next month, so she needs to be independent with patients anyway. Of course it is driving me nuts when she talks non-stop or finds something else more important to do than documentation. On a more positive note, she has great rapport with patients and does know her stuff.

Today was the first day off I have had in awhile. I worked the last 12 days because I worked last weekend. I just haven't found any time to take comp time. Today we had a bagel and ran some errands. I took a lovely nap (haven't been sleeping well lately), and we went to church. Tomorrow, Matt will work on homework, and I have project to work on.

Wow. We are really pretty boring. No wonder we haven't updated the blog lately!

~Des

3 comments:

Mel said...

But I like to hear from you!

BTW- did you get my e-mail about the tickets??

Kati said...

Yeah, we like to hear even if it's nothing super excited. At least we know you are still alive and Matt is still studying hard!!

Anonymous said...

3rd one to agree! Your blogs have been missed! Good to hear you are still up and going in Altoona.

Amazing that YOU have a student! You were just a student yourself not hat long ago!

Speaking of blogs - Mel you are behind on them too! Any new pics from Brendan's bday?

hugs and love, rah