Friday, May 15, 2009

It's a rainy Friday morning here in central Iowa. It's a nice day to curl up with a book and catch up on some reading. But, instead I will sit with the laptop and avoid my schoolwork. :-)

I am waiting on an electrician this morning. Our dishwasher and garbage disposal are out of commission right now. The circuit breaker has tripped, and will not reset. I hope it's nothing too serious (or expensive). Wednesday evening, after we dumped mashed potatoes and peas into the sink, Desi flipped the disposal switch and nothing happened. Great! We did some checking, and discovered our problem. Thankfully, it appears to only be those two appliances.

I finished up Intermed Acctg II last week. I must have done well on the last exam, as I earned an A in the course. Intermed III starts at the end of the month. Last Saturday I also began another course-Intro the Christian Ethics. It looks like a lot of reading and a couple of papers. Yuck. I've started reading the first book, and I'm finding it hard to get into it. I hope it gets better...

We don't really have many big summer plans. One of my classes meets every other weekend, and the other will meet weekly for a good portion of the summer. That doesn't leave a lot of free time. We are talking about a long weekend in Omaha at some point, and we are going to the Quad Cities for a weekend in July for a celebration with Ruth.

Well, the electrician is here now. He put in a new circuit, and that wasn't the issue. Nice. Now he is under the sink in the kitchen testing the appliances. Wish us luck...

-Matt

4 comments:

Mel said...

How'd everything pan out with the electrician?

Anonymous said...

Good question Mel- what did you find out? I was about ready to call you guys on the phone and find out what was going on over there - no blog in ages and ages!
May call one of these days any way. hugs all - you too Mel! -rah

Desi and Matt said...

The dishwasher and garbage disposal wires crossed in the switch box. The electrician separated them and went on his merry way. He was only here for about a half hour.

Mel said...

And probably charge $100 for that half hour!