Friday, September 14, 2007

Back to work

First week back to work was uneventful. It was only four days, so next week will stink!

Loving the cool weather. We went for a walk this evening and got a little chill. Much better than sweating! Some people have sheets over their plants in preparation for possible frost. Hope our plants make it through the frost. We have some mums we are excited to see bloom and don't want them to be frostbitten.

We would like to paint our shed this weekend but wonder if it will be too cold for the paint to dry properly. Guess we will have to wait and see. We also need to take out the bricks and rocks at the corner of our sidewalk and driveway. Meant to be nice landscaping, I guess, but they are really just a pain in the rear. Neighborhood kids ride their bikes through them and spread the rocks all over our driveway. Once, a hoodlum from up the street was actually skidding out in the rocks as I stood on our front porch! I yelled at him. I know you don't believe that I would actually grow a spine and yell at someone, but I did! Needless to say, the rocks gotta go. We'll just plant some grass there.

Well, that's all for this action packed post. Betcha can't wait for the next one!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Heh. Hoodlums. You're old. Saw Bobbi Petersen today. She asked how you were doing. I told her you're a doctor (of PT) and live in a big 5 bedroom house. Her eyes got wide. Heh. You're old.

Random thought...do you ever see any of your patients anywhere other than in the clinic? Like at the Newton Git 'n Go? And are they like "Hi, Dr. Desi!"??? Do you ask your patients to call you Dr. Kray, or by your first name? I'm such a dork.

Mel said...

Just looked at the forecast. S'pose to be 85 by Tues. WTF?????? Frickin' Iowa, anyhow.

Kati said...

I thought the same thing about the weather. Busted out long sleeves and coats for Friday and Saturday, then next week it will be back to shorts.

Desi and Matt said...

My patients just call me Desi. Most of them probably don't even know that I have my doctorate unless they read my profile on the wall of the clinic.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dr Desi and Mr Matt!
Get more flowers if you are in the NE this weekend. Bet your mums will be nice. Post a picture. Still waiting to see Matt in braces and your Mom's 30th party. Saw her picture in the paper. -ruth