Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Last weekend

Now that it is Wednesday, thought I should blog about the weekend!

We woke up Saturday morning to some pretty cool temps outside. We weren't sure if we should paint outside in the cold temps, so we deferred the completion of the shed project to next weekend (now I see rain in the forecast for the weekend, grr...). We packed up and headed off to Monti instead. Had lunch with my mom and dad. Then Matt, Mom, and I went to Cascade to a family friend's house to dig up some perennials. Back in Monti, we went to the Heights with Matt's mom and dad then stopped in at Matt's aunt Rosie's house (she is a hoot!). We then spent the rest of the evening at Mel and Jerry's house playing with the boys and watching Dirty Jobs. They had the episode about the Mackinac Bridge on. The kids get a big kick out of seeing bridges. We also watched Gary play with the Wii for a little bit, and Mel made Mii's (?) for Matt and I.

Sunday morning, we chilled with the fams for awhile then headed to Cedar Rapids to see Gage play football (Matt's brother's son). He is 10 years old and is playing his first year with full pads and everything. That game had refs in real uniforms, trainer (or medical personnel), chains, down marker, scoreboard, four quarters, etc! The coach and the head ref were quite obnoxious. Gage plays for the Falcons. He looked like such a little man in his full uniform!
When we got home, we found places to plant the flowers and did our regular Sunday-night-get-ready-for-the-week activities.

Next weekend doesn't look too exciting, yet. Gotta get that shed finished. I work this weekend, also. We rotate weekends on the inpatient floor. It ends up being 4-5 weekends a year. Our orthopedic surgeon has been gone for the past two weeks. That means he hasn't been there doing surgeries, so I shouldn't have any total knees or hips this weekend. Hopefully, I have a light load! It's never usually more than a 1/2 day both days, and we get comp time for it.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Talked to Jan tonight, and she said Jaret played at the same place Sunday. Who knows, maybe they're on the same team! Maybe they played against each other! She was telling me about the little "cheerleaders", too. THAT would have been a riot to watch.