Sunday, September 30, 2007

Productive Weekend

This was Desi's weekend to work, which meant she was gone for a few hours Saturday morning, and then for a couple of hours today. I made good use of time while she was out. Saturday morning, I finished painting the back wall of the shed. I was a breezy, overcast morning, so the weather was prime for the job. Now our shed is done-another item to scratch off our list. Then this morning I cleaned the house while she was out. Kitchen/dining room and Entryway/half-bath got swept & mopped, all three levels got dusted & vacuumed, and all of the bathrooms got cleaned. That's 4 toilets, 4 mirrors, 2 showers, 1 tub, and 5 sinks-plus all bathrooms were swept & mopped. Why on earth did we feel the need to buy a house with 4 bathrooms?!?!

Yesterday afternoon, we headed over to the west side to do some shopping. Des wanted to look for some long-sleeved shirts and work pants, and I needed to look for a new shirt and tie. An interview outfit!! I've been looking for a new job the past couple of months, and Friday afternoon I had a message from a Des Moines metro area bank requesting I contact them. It was 5:30 when I got that message, so I will have to call them tomorrow morning. But, I figured that I better get something nicer to wear just in case they want to see me for an interview. I've also been applying at various insurance companies downtown too. Hopefully something will work out.

It's getting pretty cloudy here in central Iowa this afternoon. Weather forecasts are calling for some thunderstorms. Its been pretty warm and breezy, so I wouldn't doubt it. We are now just having a nice lazy Sunday afternoon. We went over to the east side to Quik Trip to get our quarts (32 oz fountain pop. It can't be just any fountain pop-it has to be QT. We are losers). After we picked those up, we took a nice little drive around eastern Polk County.

We have to go to Ankeny tomorrow night for the Trail Blazer to have some warranty work done on it. It is leaking something. Don't really know what all it entails, I just know it is covered under warranty, so that's all that matters to me. We didn't make our usual Target run this weekend, so we can do that in Ankeny while the car is getting fixed. We'll have to stroll over to Panera for supper too.

Wow. That incredibly boring update is about all I have for you right now. It is starting to rain, so I better get some windows shut. Have a good week everyone! Matt

2 comments:

Jana S. said...

Hey Matt,
This is Jane Kucharik (formerly Kucharik, now Slechtova), if you remember me from school. I hope you don't mind me reading you and your wife's blog every once in a while. I met up with April Remfrey (Johnson) and her husband in Prague some years back and then started reading their blog, and got over to Mel Pasker's blog via them, and now that she gave a link to your blog ... What a super-duper husband you are for doing your share of the cleaning! Wow! I am so glad to have my husband of course, but cleaning and tidying is just not his thing ... It sounds like you are doing very well and are happy in your life - you and Desi seem to be such a great couple. I remember you from school as always being such a smart, nice, positive person, so unless you expressly forbid me to read your blog, I will happily read all the things you write - all of which seems so interesting to me and not boring at all (I imagine the cleaning itself, for example, probably was not too exciting, but hearing about your day, including the cleaning part, just somehow seems quite fascinating) Have a nice day and please share more thoughts for us inquiring minds :) !
Jane
P.S. I have some family pictures at http://slechtovi.blogspot.com/ (which I hardly ever update, but it gives a general idea of my life :) )

Desi and Matt said...

Hello Jane!

Of course I remember you from school. I am so happy that you found your way to our blog. Please feel free to read it any time. I visited yours this evening as well. Your children are adorable!

We live in Altoona, Iowa (a suburb of Des Moines). I work at SHAZAM (an ATM network) as a chargeback specialist. That means I recover money for cardholders that have disputed purchases made with their debit cards. It isn't too interesting, but it pays the bills!

Keep in touch!!