Monday, June 2, 2008

Minnesota Pics







These are pics of our hotel room. It was reasonably priced, and really nice. There was a fitness center and a tiny pool. Of course there was no free breakfast, but a $9.50 breakfast bar was available if you so desired. It was very close to the mall, interstate, and airport.




The IKEA store. It was really cool.



Minnehaha falls.



A pic of the Metrodome from the bus.



An old stone bridge over the Mississippi.



A pic of construction at the 35W bridge. Our tour guide said they thought it would be done by September. A little over a year since it collapsed.



"Hey, Des. I want you to stand like a moron by the statue of Mary Tyler Moore in busy downtown Minneapolis with people everywhere and pretend you are throwing your hat up, too." ~Matt
"Yes, Dear. Anything you say, Dear." ~Desi



The two-story Target in downtown Minneapolis. There is a really cool escalator for the carts. We're such morons!



Some of Oliver's cousins at the Minnesota Zoo. They're so cute!

New post below.

~Des

3 comments:

Kristi said...

That all looks so fun! I love Minnehaha falls! I used to live on the other side of the river from there and would ride my bike and/or roller blade over there. That is a really nice neighborhood and so is the St. Paul side. I would move back there in a minute. Sounds like a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice motel and very nice sounding trip. Glad you had a good trip and celebrated 5 wonderful years. Congrats! -rah

Mel said...

Love the hotel. That's how I would totally decorate my house if I had more than 25 cents to my name! ;-)