Saturday evening, we went to the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre. Our show was in one of the smaller theatres, so our dinner was in a separate dining room. That was kind of a bummer, but it was still nice. Matt had top sirloin, and I had a pork chop. We never get dessert when we go out to eat, but since it was our anniversary, we decided to go all out. We got a towering chocolate cake for two, which was really for about four! We ended up taking some of it back to the hotel to eat when we got back. After realizing we didn't have anything to eat it with, I stole some place settings off a table in the little restaurant/lounge area in the hotel! We left them in the room, so it isn't like we really stole them and took them home or anything!
The show we saw was called "Married Alive." It was a hilarious show about a couple of newlyweds and a couple of oldyweds. They touched on everything including kids, in-laws, work, sex, etc. Very funny! I had been to the Chanhassen in high school, and it was as fun as I remember it!
Sunday morning, we checked out of the hotel, ate at McDonald's, filled up with $3.95 gas, and set off for the zoo. When we pulled in the parking lot, I thought that I had been there before. Then I remembered that I was there with Kati and Kara. I remembered that trip to the Minneapolis area, but I guess I forgot about the zoo! Oops! We only spent a few hours there. I guess if we had kids, we would have stayed longer.
On the way home, we stopped at the outlet mall by Medford. We bought more at the outlet mall, than we did at the Mall of America! I bought a bunch of clothes. Tax free clothing in Minnesota! And shoes! I actually bought a pair of shoes at the Mall of America! Woohoo!
Came home, ordered pizza, did laundry, and lounged. This AM I have caught up with the newspaper, downloaded pics, and typed this. Gotta go to the grocery store, Target, etc today. Matt has class tonight. I have to go over this evening and pick up Oliver. We'll see how his weekend went.
Back to work tomorrow. Bleh! I have a PTA student for four weeks who started today. Nice of me to be there for her first day, huh? I had this day off planned before I knew I was getting a student. I hardly ever take any days off, so I wasn't about to forget about it!
Hope everyone had a good weekend and hope everyone has a good week!
~Des
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment