Sunday, June 22, 2008

Big 'ol party!



Bill and Nina with Gage and Leah (Mike and Kelly's kiddos)



Kelly, Bill, Sarah, Nina, and Desi




Marc, Mike, Nina, Bill, and Matt




Bill and Nina


This weekend was the big 40th anniversary bash!

Matt and I traveled to Monticello Friday afternoon after work. Matt took off early, and for some strange reason, I didn't have any patients at 3:30 or 4:00. That put us driving I-380 at about 5:15, which I would recommend to no one! We ate some supper at Subway, then took Oliver to stay at my parents' house. Marc and Sarah and the doggies arrived at Bill and Nina's while we were gone. Oliver stayed at my parents' house because we didn't want him to be a doggie appetizer! No, really, they are great dogs, and I don't think they would have hurt him, but Oliver would have been freaked out! We all stayed overnight Friday and Saturday nights.

Saturday morning, we woke up and browned 30# of hamburger. Not a bad job, but it was still a little frozen. I left Matt to finish that while I went to Gary's t-ball game. It was SOOO cute! The coach pitched to them first, and most of the kiddos hit it without a tee.

After the game, we went to the hall to set-up, and Mike and Kelly and the kids arrived shortly thereafter.

The open house was from 4-8pm. We had a great turn-out! The food was good (we're gourmet chefs!), and we had plenty of it! We had an entire sheet cake left. Nina will take it to work. Sarah put together a wonderful movie/slideshow of pictures and memories set to music. We showed it a number of times throughout the party. Great job, Sarah! Great job everyone! The party was fun, and I think Bill and Nina had a great time.

Sunday morning, we went out to the Walnut Acres campground for a fundraiser pancake breakfast. The campground floods often because it is right by the river. Of course the floods of 2008 were no exception, so they were raising funds for clean-up, etc.

We joined my Mom, Mel, Jerry, Gary, and Brendan for lunch at Mom's (Dad was at a tractor pull.) After that we watched a little video that Gary had from his past year in school. Very cute! Then we grabbed Oliver and hit the trail.

We came home and put everything away, including all of the leftovers! We are beat now and waiting for bedtime! Too bad tomorrow is Monday. We should have taken the day off! I don't wanna go to work because we have been so busy. I'm happy that I have a PTA student right now. She is a big help. Her name is Kristi, but she looks more like Melissa. I hope I haven't called her by the wrong name!

Anyway, have a great week everyone! The last week of June! Can you believe it?


~Desi

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Matt's folks and 40 years. The pictures are great! Nice family! Sounds like you did really well on the party and had a nice weekend with everyone. They are exhausting tho. Did you run into the 'race' traffic like you had thought? I had it on TV. It was interesting. Have a great week. I am off - Pella window is here doing the last 2. YAHOO! -rah

Kati said...

Desi you look great! I am looking forward to getting together at the fair. We will have to figure out our plan when it gets a bit closer. Thank you for Olivia's birthday card, it was totally cute and she loves it. She had to put it up in her room. Thanks for remembering her!

Kristi said...

Desi-You've lost so much weight! You look great! How much have you lost? I can tell on Matt too-but really a lot on Desi! Congratulations and also congratulations on pulling off a big party like that! My parents want one for their 45th-next year, but I think they were thinking more wedding reception style! I think I will throw money at someone and have everything taken care of!!!

Desi and Matt said...

That would be money well spent, Kristi! :) Matt

Desi and Matt said...

I've plateaued now at about 30 lbs lost. I need to get serious about it again and drop a few more. Thank you for noticing!

~Desi