I got off work at 2:30 today. Not for any fun reason, mind you. I had an appointment at 3:00 for diagnostics for the car. The Grand Prix decided this week to stark clunking every time I turned a corner, went over a bump, or put on the brakes. Wonderful!
I dropped the car off, and then walked home. It's only about 18 blocks, but it is so hot outside right now. I thought I was going to melt. The sun was shining, and the sky was mostly blue, but I could hear thunder. The weather man promised afternoon storms today. Maybe he'll be right.
I got the dishwasher loaded and started up. The checkbook is all balanced. I'm debating on starting some laundry. Just kinda putzing while I'm waiting for a call back from the repair shop.
We haven't been too busy here at home lately. We just come home, eat, and sleep. What exciting fools we are. Work has been busy for both of us. Yesterday, we went live with our new accounting software at work. Today I completed my first check run. Aside from some security tweaks that my manager had to make, it went pretty smoothly. It'll be a learning process though. Desi has had days full of patients and no letting up. Sometimes she sees them on her lunch break. Suck!
My first class ended on Monday night. I must say, this was the perfect course to get my feet wet with. There were no tests to take (not even a final exam) and no papers to write. The instructor was mellow. It was nice. My next class starts on Monday evening. It is a Literature class. I'm not expecting such a cake walk for that one!
Desi has Bunco tonight. We don't have any big plans for the 4th. We are staying home and not heading to Monticello for the first time ever on the 4th of July. It'll be strange not seeing the parade. Oh well. Prairie Meadows puts on a good fireworks show (so we've heard), so I think we'll try and catch those.
Just got off the phone with the repair shop. My lower suspension arm (or something like that) is broken. Snapped in half. The impact of that shattered one of the struts. Nice. Baretta (my mechanic) said that the car is a serious road hazard, and was shocked that I've been driving it for 3 days like that. Oops. How was I to know? That'll be a grand to fix. Stupid damn car.
Well, I keep losing my internet connection off and on (stupid Mediacom), so I better end this now and get it posted while I have the chance.
Have a good day, and a Happy 4th!!
-Matt
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hi! Enjoyed your news even if not the best on your car Matt. Bummer. Hope you have a great 4th and enjoy the long weekend and some relaxation time. It was hot here today too but promises for a cooler and dry weekend sound wonderful to me. This is my 2nd week off and I love it! No stress! Just what/when to eat at Panera! :) Mom was here a few days - went back today. Seems very quiet! :( We had a nice visit. Well, onward - hugs and love ya! rah
Seeing patients over your lunch break, huh? I haven't gone that far...just going earlier in the AM. It has been crazy busy....apparently there was some announcement made that physical therapy existed! :)
Post a Comment