


These three pics pretty much sum up our weekend.
Our weekend story kinda started on Thursday when we noticed that Oliver was breathing really hard and fast. We had seen this before in previous piggies, so we were scared.
Friday morning, I called the vet office here in Altoona as soon as they opened at 7:30. We were able to get Oliver in at 9:00. The vet looked at him, listened to his heart, and took chest radiographs. She determined that he probably had pneumonia, and he was a very sick little hoggy. She wanted to keep him for a few hours to give him pure oxygen, antibiotics, and s few nebulizer treatments. We told her we were planning on being out of town Friday night, so she said they could keep him overnight and give him another treatment Saturday morning. (You really don't want to know what a hospital stay for a guinea pig costs!) So, we left Oliver at the veterinary hospital and went home to grab our stuff for the weekend and a few of Oliver's things. We took his house, food, dish, etc to the vet's, so he would have a few comforts from home. Then we hit the road for Monti.
I drove to and from Monti, so Matt could take advantage of that time to read some homework (I think he will be glad when this class is done!) We got to town just in time for Matt to drop me off at Kati's for an afternoon with the gals and kiddos. After Kati's, Mel took me to Matt's parents' house and from there we went to my parents' house. Mom fed us supper, so we didn't have to spend money on greasy fair food. (I haven't eaten much grease lately, so I didn't want my stomach/intestines to rebel while at the fair!)
We met up with Kati and Jim to sit on the track with them for the Boston concert at the Great Jones County Fair and Food Fest. It had rained A LOT the night before, so the fairgrounds was a muddy mess and smelled nasty, too. The concert was really good, though. You know some live shows sound really crappy compared to recordings, but Boston was really good. It was nice to spend some time with Kati cause I haven't seen her in God knows how long. After the concert, I bought some kettle corn and went to visit Mel working at the Jaycees' BINGO tent. I came out $1.50 ahead! Then we walked back to my parents' house, I washed my nasty, muddy feet, and went to bed. What party animals!
We woke up Saturday, took showers, ate breakfast, and blasted off. Our original plan was to stay in Monti most of the day, but we had to get back to Altoona to pick Oliver up before noon. We picked him up along with some antibiotics and a syringe to use to feed him baby food. He was breathing a lot easier when we got him on Saturday. He still isn't really eating very well, so we have to almost force feed him baby food through the syringe. He has to go back for a check-up tomorrow night.
Also on Saturday, we bought a new car. Well, not new new but new to us. It is a 2005 Chevy Impala (see pic above). We decided we need a reliable car. It looks really sharp. It doesn't have a sunroof or leather like the Grand Prix but again, back to the reliability thing. It also only has 32,000 miles on it compared to the Grand Prix's 120,000. It is the same color as the Trail Blazer. (aren't we so original?) Hopefully the colors aren't slightly different, so they don't clash while sitting in the garage! :-) We will hopefully pick it up on Tuesday.
Today (Sunday), I have no idea what I have been doing all day long. Matt has started reading "The Scarlet Letter," and he mowed the lawn. Not sure I did anything productive. Wait. I went to the grocery store and cleaned out the Grand Prix. Yay. And force fed the guinea pig baby food mixed veggies.
Nothing too exciting this week except for the car and more classes for Matt. And Mel's b-day is Thursday!!
Have a good week everyone!!
~Des

2 comments:
Very nice car!! Hope it is nicer to you than some of your other vehicles have been.....
Glad to hear Ahriver is doing better...I hope he pulls through...he's pretty darn cute!!
See you next tuesday!
I like the car. I think Impala's are sharp looking. Glad to hear the piggy is doing better but I have to laugh thinking about you feeding him baby food through a syringe!
Post a Comment