Howdy all!
Not much to blog about tonight. Just a quiet weekend at home.
Saturday, we slept in then went to Panera and Target. I really don't know what we did the rest of the day. I think I spent a lot of time on the computer and ironing while Matt worked on his homework. Of course I squeezed an afternoon nap in there! We went to church Saturday evening then went to Fireside Grille for supper. Smoke-free restaurants are nice! We went for a nice long walk after supper then I lounged on the deck while Matt did some more homework.
Sunday, we slept in again (sleeping in is like 8:00). Matt finished his homework while I did some stuff around the house. We have a decorative rusty star on the shed, and in all this rain this summer it has been, well, rusting. I sprayed some Rustoleum clear stuff on that and painted the rust spot on the shed. Then I weeded, watered, vacuumed, cleaned the shower, blah, blah, blah. After lunch, we went to Gray's Lake for a walk. They are getting it cleaned up nicely, but on the sides of the trail you can see how deep the mud must have been on the trail during the floods. The beach is still flooded.
So we really didn't do much this weekend. You may have noticed the recurring theme of Matt doing his homework. His Lit class is providing him with plenty to do. In a span of six weeks, he has to write two papers, participate in online discussions, and read about 3-5 short stories before each class and answers questions on the stories. Matt said the instructor is just taking his normal semester long class and squeezing it into six weeks. Definitely on the opposite end of the spectrum in regards to workload compared to his first class.
Nothing else to write about really. Hope everyone has a good week!
Happy Birthday, Ruth!!
~Desi
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAHA I made your blog! How cool is that! THANK YOU!!! Now my bday is complete ---ly over! :) Saw your folks today. We ate downtown Moline at the River House then stopped at the JD Plow Works. It was great fun. I've had a great bday weekend - and thanks to you supper at Panera on Friday night. Yummers! THANK YOU!!! Have a great week. I did notice the word 'homework' quite a lot.
ICKO for Matt! Take care, -rah
Post a Comment