Saturday, July 26, 2008

Oliver and Impala

Oliver is coming around. He takes his meds like a champ (when we make a piggy burrito and cover his eyes! With a little pea brain, he isn't smart enough to know what is coming!). We're starting to cut back on the baby food feedings. He gobbles up the baby food carrots and mixed veggies. This is where his little pea brain is smart enough to wrap us around his little finger. He thinks the special feedings are nice. Family time. He has started to eat more of his carrot and greens and is finally pooping more (thought you'd like to know). He has maintained his weight through the whole thing, as Matt took him in again yesterday just to be weighed. A plump little 1.9 lbs.

We got the Impala on Tuesday. I took off work early (and don't feel one bit guilty about it seeing as though I stayed late all the other nights this week). The guy we did business with was nice enough but the total salesman type. He talked non-stop, and when I had mentioned we had just been to the Boston concert he said, "Oh my gosh, I am a HUGE Boston fan!" Yeah right. He wore shorts and flip flops with his sunglasses on his head. It made for a very laid back experience, but I think a bit unprofessional. He took phone calls while we were with him, and it took an hour to sign the papers and get the car! Half of the paperwork could have been done before we got there. They also could have pulled the car around and filled it up with gas. Instead, the guy had Matt drive him to the gas station where he put $20 of gas in with the company gas card. You had all day to do this before we got there!!

The Impala is really a nice car. It is clean and has a nice ride with good get-up-and-go. It doesn't have as many options as the Grand Prix, but that is okay. What it does have is a delightful (sarcastic) cigarette smell. I used 2/3 of a bottle of Febreeze and some dryer sheets. Now the car smells like Febreeze, dryer sheets, and cigarettes. Kind of like a smoking hotel room. I have tried to find solutions on the Internet and have found things like a bowl of vinegar, coffee ground sachets, and citrus peels. We gave Oliver some orange last night, so I put the peels in a bowl and put them in the car. I haven't smelled the car yet this AM, but I bet it smells like Febreeze, dryer sheets, oranges, and cigarettes. Any suggestions?

I'm looking forward to taking the day off on Tuesday and joining Mel, Jerry, and the boys at Adventureland. I think the plan is to stay overnight with us on Tues before heading off to Omaha on Wed. I took Wed. morning off as well, so I don't have to hurry off to work. I hope the weather changes, as they said 90 degrees on Tuesday. Guess we will get good use out of the new water feature!

Anywho... there's an update.

~Des

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post and update on Oliver. I was wondering about him. Glad you like the Impala. Should be a good work car for Matt. Enjoy the day with Mel and family. Sounds hot but fun. I will do Panera today! It was without power all week so I am going thru withdrawels! :) I need a chicken bacon dijon! Have a great weekend
-rah

Jason said...

Jason says try mouthwash in the car. Get a bowl and put a wash rag in it....fill the bowl up with mint mouthwash and leave it uncovered in the car for 24 hours.

Desi and Matt said...

I'll give it a try!

~Des

Anonymous said...

Vinegar is supposed to work too. A dish of it open is supposed to absorb smells. Did you get this thru a dealer? I'd go back to them and see what they could do about the smell. Like clean the seats and carpet. -RAH