No, wait. It was a frickin' windy day. More on that later.
We'll start on Friday. I had a dentist appt Fri morning, so I just decided to take the whole morning off. Went to the dentist and came home to relieve Matt of Mediacom waiting duties, so he could go to work. The Medicom guys came to diagnose our internet problem. Medicom is stupid.
I went to work Friday afternoon. I had a no show and a cancel, so I drove to Newton to see three people. Whoopee. Friday night was same 'ol Friday night stuff- supper, watching The Soup, blah, blah, blah.
On Saturday, we went west, ate bagels at Panera, ran errands, window shopped, ate lunch at Panera... Then we toured the new Polk County Jail near Ankeny. It was huge and very bare. But, of course, it has to be bare. I suppose anything could be used as a weapon.
After the tour, we did some yardwork because it was a beautiful day. A little breezy but not bad at all. We put the hoses, pots, and deck chairs away in the shed for the winter. Went to church and the store and came home. We lead super exciting lives.
Today, we pretty much stayed in because it was chilly and windy as h&!!. The wind blew away our garbage can lid. No idea where that is. It also blew over the deck box, which has never moved an inch in the wind before. That found its way into the shed this afternoon as well. We also heard a huge gust and then a flapping sound. A piece of siding came loose from under the living room window. Matt tucked it back in, and it seems as though that's the way it was anyway. We'll have to check it again when the wind finally dies down. At least one house down the street has A LOT of shingles blown off. I think the average wind speed today was a least 20-30 mph with huge frequent gusts.
Matt did a lot of homework while I read the paper, did the laundry, and a tiny bit of cleaning. Took a good nap, too. Niiiice. I've also starting brushing up on the upper extremity below the elbow. Our last OT is done in the middle of November, so PT's are going to have to start doing OT. We always sent elbow and below to OT and not PT, so some of the details have slipped my mind. Who knows if the details were even there to begin with! Not likely! So, no luck that my patient load will be decreasing any time soon. Hope I don't go crazy.
Anywho.. that's about it. Super exciting, huh? I need a life...
~Des
Sunday, October 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope it warms up this week like they say it's suppose to-I have a lot of sticks to pick up!!
Miss you!
Post a Comment