Monday, November 5, 2007

Blustery day

Holy crap it is windy!! Garbage cans, recycle totes, and newspapers flying down the street!

Friday, I tried all day to figure out somewhere nice to have dinner for my birthday. My last patient of the day put me in a seriously foul mood, which I tried to shake on my way home. When I got home, I decided I wanted to put jeans on and just go somewhere casual since I was kinda crabby. We decided to go to Old Chicago and get a pizza. We'd never been there before. The pizza was pretty good. It was very busy and took a while to get seated. The place has only been open for like a month, though.

Saturday, we went west and ate at Panera (I blame Kristi and Ruth for introducing me to and hooking me on Panera) then we went to Costco to get a cake (I blame Melissa for getting me going on Costco cake). Ran a few more errands and went home. My mom and dad came later Saturday afternoon after dropping Grandma off at my aunt and uncle's in Ottumwa. Dad fixed the shed door (wouldn't shut) then we went to the Hilltop for pizza (pizza is yummy).

Sunday, we had a soup and sandwich lunch at our house with me, Matt, Mom, Dad, Mel, Gary, Brendan (Jerry was home fixing plumbing issues), Grandma, Uncle Randy, Aunt Suzie, and my cousin Betsy. (Thanks for the awesome CD, Mel!!) Thanks for coming to see us everyone!!

We had a very good weekend! Thanks for the birthday wishes!!

~Desi

3 comments:

Kristi said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Costco cake a Panera! Sounds like a match made in heaven! If I only had you guys around it would be perfect!!!!!!

Mel said...

It sure was windy. I watched my neighbors jack-o-lantern get blown off the curb and then roll down the hill. If only I had a video camera. It was funny. In a stupid kind of way, that is.

Anonymous said...

Sure, blame other people for your 'bad' habits! Actually these are good habits so okay, blame us! Hey, I may have forced you to go to Panera every week while you lived here but...I don't force you to go now! That's Matt! Anyway, I'm going to Panera tomorrow night!
So there smarty bday girl! Wow all that company for your bday! How do you rate! -rah