Monday, November 26, 2007

Over the river and through the woods...

So, Friday as all of the other therapists were going home early, I had 9 out of 10 patients show up. Yup, you guessed it. My only no show was my last patient of the day. I was so miffed. We waited for 15 min then shut the doors. (today she told me that she fell asleep and didn't realize until Saturday that she missed her appt. grr...) Of course I couldn't just go home because I had to wait for Matt to pick me up. He took me to work Fri morning and picked me up, so we could head east.

Friday evening, we drove to East Moline and stayed overnight at Ruth's (my mom's former college roommate and the very nice lady I stayed with during my Bettendorf clinical rotation). We had a nice visit with her and her mom. Thank you so much, Ruth!!! We really appreciate it!

Saturday morning after breakfast, we drove from East Moline to Peoria, IL. In Peoria, we attended my uncle's wedding. It was nice to meet his new wife. (They had been to Monticello a few times, but we were never there the same weekends.) Then drove to Chillicothe for the luncheon following the wedding. After the luncheon, we drove to Monticello and hung out with Mel for the evening. Had pizza, watched Grey's Anatomy (on DVR), and played Guitar Hero. Guitar Hero was really hard at first, but I finally got used to it. I think my favorite song was "Barracuda."

On Sunday, we went over to Matt's mom and dad's for "Thanksgiving" lunch. The whole gang was there. On the way home, there was tons of traffic (of course I watched almost an hour of it through my eyelids). Near Grinnell, there was an accident and a huge traffic slow down. We were finally able to get off at Grinnell and take tiny county roads the rest of the way. Two lanes stink!

Today was totally a Monday. I was dragging most of the day, had a packed schedule, and left work late. Ugh.
I HAVE TOMORROW OFF!!! YAY!! A guy is coming to replace the door between our kitchen and garage and the pantry door. I have tons to do at home, and I have to shop. Mainly shopping for someone who has a birthday on Friday.

~Desi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pleasure! Was great seeing you both and visiting. Too bad about the traffice problem. Not surprising tho. Took Mom home
yesterday. I'm wiped out now. rah