Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Arson




It was ruled that the church fire was an arson. I guess now the questions would be why and who? The answers may never be found to these two questions. The picture above is some of some debris that was pulled out of the church. Thanks KCRG.com!

For some silly reason, I was very sad to learn that the tablecloth on the altar for that week's communion was one that I helped make when I was a kiddo. In bible school (or Sunday school), we all dipped our hands in paint and placed our handprints around the edge of the tablecloth. Sigh...

Then, I just heard on TV that Dancer Hall on the UNI campus is on lockdown now. They received a threat of a gunman coming to Dancer Hall to confront a resident. Mel and I lived in Dancer when we were at UNI.

Mel is having back surgery due to a ruptured disk. The surgery is Thursday already. She already had a laminectomy in 2005 on the same day that Matt had his surgery on his back. We wish you all the best, Melly!!

Nothing else is new. Same 'ol same 'ol. Except it is very hard to get out of bed when it is still dark!!

~Des

2 comments:

Mel said...

Jerry talked to Pastor Al today, and he said that the library was pretty much fine- even the books that did get wet can be restored, and he also said the only hole was at the back of the church; you can look down and see roasters and the janitors closet! There were no holes at the altar area, and the piano didn't fall to the basement like rumors stated.

Pastor Al said the whole church probably would have burned to the ground, but all of the doors that could have been closed were, so that prevented a "cross breeze" from fueling the fire and making it worse. He also said the structure is secure and fine.

It sounds like the rumors were making the church to be much worse than it is. Still bad, but not as bad as everyone was saying.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad things may be better at your church than first expected. That is good news. I thought 'dancer hall' sounded familiar! This world is full of weirdos! Hope and pray mel did okay with her srugery today. -rah