Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Bleh!

Hmm. It's been a while since we've posted. I'll try to think of something to say.

I'm sure this will sound like a broken record, but not much has been going on around here. Same old, same old. Go to work, come home, eat supper, watch TV. Oh, the good life! Every third day, we go out and shovel. More snow tomorrow. Ho, hum.

I put some time on the treadmill earlier tonight. We started a new "health" program at work this week. This week I have to put at least 30 minutes on the treadmill for 4 days this week. Next week, I have to walk at least 5 days for at least 45 minutes. Week 3-12 I have to walk an hour 6 days a week. Maybe some of Desi's weight watcher habits will also rub off, and I can lose a few pounds as well. We'll see. They gave us $10 Quik Trip gift cards just for participating. Maybe I'll use that just for quarts of fountain pop. That'll show 'em.

I had to go to the orthodontist this morning. That bit! Today is the day they put the heavy-duty wire on the top and really started pulling my front teeth together. My mouth is so sore tonight! I've had a steady Tylenol drip going today. It's gonna be a long 3 years.

Went to the grocery stores tonight. Is anyone else having trouble buying a regular sized jar of Skippy Creamy peanut butter? Both HyVee and Fareway here in Altoona have empty spots on the shelves where this is supposed to be. It is quite annoying. There is a boat-load of organic crap and reduced fat stuff. Take a hint stupid grocery people! Apparently nobody wants that stuff.

Well, that's about enough whining for one day.

-Matt

6 comments:

Mel said...

I buy Aldi peanut butter. Super cheap. Of if I'm at Fareway, I buy the cheap off-brand stuff. I'm all about cheap....

Kati said...

I myself am a dedicated JIF Lover, not other brand will do.

Desi and Matt said...

Fareway pulled through. They must have had a new Skippy shipment come in over night. Pretty sad when peanut butter can make or break your day!

Kristi said...

You should try the reduced fat! You really can't tell the difference! I don't eat a lot of peanut butter, but I can tell you that!

Anonymous said...

I need to try a Shamrock Shake...I've never had one! But ya know, Whitey's has Shamrock Shakes too! Maybe I should try theirs! You could come here and try one too! :o) hahaha
That and Panera are calling!
love ya, rah

Desi and Matt said...

Reduced fat peanut butter is too sweet or something. I'm not fond of it.

~Des