Last week, I had a really busy and exhausting week at work. Stayed late, worked through lunch, left on Friday with stuff undone... (I know Kristi doesn't feel bad for me!!) Also this week I had a first. I had my first patient die while he was still on my schedule. I had had people die a year or a few months after I had seen them but never someone I was still seeing. He was only 68 and a really nice guy. I really didn't mind working with him at all. I don't know why he would have died. He seemed pretty healthy.
Then, after such a busy week, I was scheduled to work this weekend. I told my sister to plan Brendan's birthday party for Saturday because weekends haven't been busy since our orthopedic surgeon left. Boy, was I wrong. I always get crapped on during my weekends to work (not literally!). I had eight patients to see. Of course, just about all of them had to use the bathroom before we went for a walk, so nothing was quick and easy. I finally saw everyone and got my notes done by 1:15 pm. Brendan's party was at 2:00 pm in Monti. Needless to say, we weren't going to make it in time. At that time, I also thought that I would have to see a patient on Sunday as well (the inpatient therapist called me later in the afternoon and offered to see the patient.) Matt also went to work to get some OT. I don't get OT, so I'll have to find a day to take off during the week.
Driving to Monti and back in one day can be done, but it was getting later, and I was already kind of exhausted. So I feel EXTREMELY bad for missing Brendan's party!! We also missed Gary's last party because of bad weather. We are the worst aunt and uncle in the world!!
Instead of having fun with the nephews, we went to lunch at Applebee's, got groceries, went to church, ate supper, and vegged in front of the TV watching "What Women Want."
Today (Sunday), I slept in until 7:00 (woohoo). We did laundry, changed the sheets, cleaned the house, cleaned the filters in the vacuum (I am so over this bagless vacuum crap), ate lunch, went to Target, gathered the trash and recyclables, and updated the blog (duh). I may just go relax in my chair and be a lazy bum for the rest of the afternoon/evening.
On a happy note, we have some tulips poking out!! Yay! I love tulips. The bummer is that they don't stick around for long. I think it is supposed to rain for the next few days, so everything should get a good drink. Hope the bunnies stay away from my flowers! We'll have to see if some of the perennials we planted last year come up this spring.
Thanks for reading my complaining. Once again, we are so sorry that we missed Brendan's party. We hope he had a lot of fun. Today is his actual birthday. He is three!
~Des
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We had a good time, and the boys LOVED the gator. Sorry you couldn't come, we certainly aren't angry or upset, I actually felt bad that was planning it on your weekend in the first place. Hope you aren't angry with me!!
Hang in there. Unfortunately there are just so many hours in a weekend and when you work full time weekends are when you catch up. And when you work weekends, that doesn't help either. I'm sorry to hear about your patient. Don't forget - chicken bacon dijon.
-rah
Post a Comment