Monday, March 24, 2008

Happy Easter!

Hope everybody had a nice Easter. Ours was very good.

We both had Good Friday off. I woke up at the totally unreasonable hour of 6:10. I think I have inherited my mother's early riser syndrome. It can be quite annoying. Since I was up, I wandered to the basement and logged my hour on the treadmill. Once we were showered, packed and ready, we headed to Monticello.

We stopped at the Eddie Bauer outlet at Williamsburg on the way home. Desi found some jeans and work pants that were reasonably priced. I also found a long sleeved shirt that was a steal at $7. I needed another blue shirt like I need another hole in my head. But, it was so cheap.....

We got to Mom and Dad's shortly before lunch. Gage and Leah were there, having spent the night before with Grandpa and Grandma. We hung out with them all afternoon. We ate lunch at Java Jones, a coffee shop owned by Mom and Dad's neighbors. I played my first ever guitar hero Friday afternoon. Gage had me all set up on the easy level. I still sucked. I got booed off the stage twice, only hitting 21 percent of my notes. I guess video games are not my thing.

Friday night we went to the Heights for supper when Mike and Kelly came for the kids. We saw so many people we knew there. Small towns will do that. After supper, we headed to Desi's folks' for a visit. Mel, Jerry, and the boys came shortly thereafter. We had a nice visit with them. Gary snuggled in the chair with Des and I, and Brendan got into a train video with his Papa (Desi's dad). It was a nice evening.

Saturday morning I took Mom and Dad around town so I could teach them how to use their new debit card. That was an experience! They really don't embrace change that easily, but I think it went fine. Mom has to do 10 debit transactions per month to get some great interest rate on her checking account. Some new deal her bank (my old employer) is offering. All in all, I think they will get the hang of it.

We went to Mel and Jerry's for a visit in the afternoon. We saw pictures of the church fire taken from inside the church. Not as bad as we were expecting, but still a very sad situation. After the boys went down for their naps, Mel, Des, and I played Boggle and a dice game. It was fun. Saturday evening, Marc and Sarah came up for a visit. We all gathered around the dining room table for a hot game of dominoes while The Ten Commandments was on the TV. For the first time ever, I was the domino winner. Yippee!!!

Sunday, we went to church with the Anderson's. Church for the Presbyterians was held at the United Church after their Easter service. There was quite a crowd. It was nice to see. The later service made lunch late as well. We had a big Easter dinner at Jim & Karen's. Both of Desi's grandmothers were there, as well as Mel and Brendan. Jerry and Gary went to Jerry's parents for dinner. At about 3 or so, we headed for home.

Back to work today. Bleh! I logged my hour on the treadmill tonight. It was a nice sunny day out, but it was really windy here today. We thought about walking outside tonight, but decided against it.

There you have it. Our Easter weekend play by play is complete. Hope your's was a happy one as well! Have a great week!

-Matt

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a full weekend. Glad you had fun and safe travel. -rah

Jason said...

I had to teach my parents how to use a debit card as well....it takes a while, but they are trainable! :)

Kati said...

I got that sweet deal (well actually we both opened accounts) at Tri Country. 6% interest, that totally rocks.

I also got a treadmill a week ago. I don't do an hour normally, but I am getting my ass kicked on the running programs. The one I did last night about killed me with 7mph, and 3.5% incline, don't usually do that much! It's good for me though.