Sunday, March 16, 2008

This and that



Here's a new pic of the piggy. He's getting bigger. You almost can't hold him in your palm anymore. He's getting to be a pretty good lap pig. He likes to be petted and will "cluck" very softly. He also enjoys running up behind my neck and hiding in my hair.

Well, I went almost all winter without falling the ice. Then I went and slipped on the refreeze in the parking lot at work on Thursday morning. Fell directly on my knee. My first thought was "Did anyone see me?" then the second thought was "Crap. My pants are dirty!" I cut my knee, but there was no other damage. My quad did start to hurt the next day, so wonder if I strained it during the fall. That same morning in the parking lot a co-worker fell. She is about six months pregnant, so I was more concerned about her than myself. I was also hoping none of my little old patients would fall. That parking lot has been nasty all winter.

Had Bunco Thursday night. I won the big prize and doubled my money. Woohoo $10!!

Saturday, Matt went in to work in the morning, so I stayed home and cleaned. Didn't have much choice other than staying home because he had one car, and the other was in for an oil change. He got home, and we ate lunch. Then we walked to pick up the car at the shop (BRR!!) and went to Target. Came home, I took a nap, and Matt finished his walking time on the treadmill. When I woke up, we got ready for church and went to the 5:30 service. They had an Easter cantata which involved a choir, mini orchestra, narration, and visuals. It was pretty cool. After church, we went to a local place for pizza, Bianchi Boys Pizza and Pasta. It is fairly new and we had never been there before. Pretty good pizza. After that we came home, snuggled into pajama pants, and watched "The Biggest Loser" on tape.

This morning we just ate breakfast, walked on the treadmill, showered, ironed, washed laundry, and ate lunch. After lunch, we went to see Melissa and Jason's new little guy. He is very cute! He slept the whole time we were there.
After we left there we went to Target again (some stuff we bought yesterday was on sale today. Hey, if I can get a couple extra bucks back by just taking the receipt to customer service, I'm gonna do it!!) We stopped at the library to take some books back and swung by McDonald's to get Matt a shamrock shake (I got an ice cream cone. Shamrock shakes are gross!)

That brings us to now. We haven't really read any of the paper, so we'll probably go do that now.

This week will probably be busy at work. Various co-workers are either gone all week or one/two days during the week, and it is a four day week (we get Good Friday off).

Thanks for reading this summary of our ultra exciting life. Are you bored to tears, yet?

~Desi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Certainly not bored by this! More exciting than me any ole day! Oliver is certainly getting bigger! I cannot imagine him crawling up your neck and into your hair! oh my. I picked up sticks and cut off dead stuff outside both days. Real exciting. NOT. Be careful on that ice.
Happy Easter! -rah

Mel said...

Glad you didn't get really hurt when you fell. That would've sucked!

Oliver sure is a cutie!

Know what? I called PetSmart today to inquire about a cat we had seen a week earlier. He was adopted yesterday. If he was still there, I was going to go adopt him today. He was 6 years old, neutered and declawed, a greyish-peachish color, and his name was Barney. He was a really cute cat.

Desi and Matt said...

Melly-I think that anesthesia has affected your brain. A cat? Before the surgery, you were a dog person. Right?

-Matt

Kati said...

She did mention that cat before surgery, so it wasn't from that! Too bad it was adopted, I think the boys would have loved it.

Desi and Matt said...

Mel, you are a crazy woman. A cat?
~Des

Mel said...

The only way I would ever do a cat is an old neutered male that will sit in your lap and purr. One that's too fat and lazy to run around jumping on counters.

The older I get, and the more kids I acquire, the less appealing dogs become. We could never do a family outing over a weekend if we had a dog unless we took it with us, or made arrangements with someone to let it out every few hours. And they chew. A lot.

The ONLY thing right now that has kept me animal-free is the fur factor. It would totally bug me to find fur everywhere. Oh, and the whole thing where cats walk around their litter box and then jump up on your counters, and walk around on your bed. That kinda grosses me out, too. And Jerry is probably allergic to everything. Bleh. I think I'm destined to be pet-less.