Hawkeyes win! 17-5. Most of the game was pretty dull, but at least the 4th quarter was interesting. A rushing touchdown and a punt return for a touchdown was a great way to top off the game. The weather in Iowa City was pretty crappy today, but the stands were still packed. Gotta love the Iowa fans. I don't know if Iowa will be ready for Big 10 action or not. They've still got work to do to run with the likes of Ohio State.
Desi is off on her weekend shopping excersion with Mel, Kati, and Kara. I've been putzing around. I haven't felt the greatest today, but I am getting some things done. I still have to watch a couple of videos online for class and go to the grocery store. I'll go to the store later. Only the losers (like me) go to the grocery store on Saturday night!
Class is going ok so far. We haven't really gotten into the meat of the weather stuff yet. We are learning about stupid science crap first. Evaporation, condensation, kinetic energy, blah, blah, blah. I hate science.
Only 4 more work days until vacation!! I don't know why I'm so excited about vacation. I'll just be spending my time painting the basement. Bleh. But, it has to get done. I've been looking at the painted stencil leaves for 2 years now. Enough is enough. And the bathroom in the basement is the crappiest paint job I have ever seen. I think the previous owners painted the entire room in 20 minutes just to get the place ready to be put on the market.
Enjoy the weekend!
-Matt
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Go Hawks! I was very happy with the outcome! I signed up for the Big Ten channel on DISH at 11:30 and by 12:00 I was watching the game. Neat. An extra $5 per month. Worth it.
We've had 6 1/2 inches of rain. Enough already. I had water coming in a crack in the basement wall where the furace is. Not neat. The gutters were clogged and over flowing all night so now they are clear I hope the water leakage stops.
So you are on vacation? Enjoy. Is Desi off too? I've been cleaning all day. YUCK. Hey, I shop for groceries on Saturday or SUnday nights too! Losers together I guess! :)
Take care - rah
So, so very sad about ISU. At least ISU has won more than 2/3 of the games in the past 15 years.... that
gives me solace and gives meaning to my life ;-P
Not on vacation yet this week. Matt is working four days this week, and I am working all week. Then, we are both off the 22nd-26th. I just need some time off and this finally worked for both of us. Tons of therapists take vacation in the summer, and we had one girl on maternity leave. Other than holidays, I've only had four days off this year. AHHH!!!
~Des
Mel - ISU has beat our butts off quite a few times - we are the ones who need solace! :)
Desi & Matt - enjoy the week off even if you are working at home - it always nice to have some time off. Before and after pics! How was the shopping trip?
7" of rain. It finally quit at noon today (Sunday). As usual it is Sunday night and I'm not sleepy. Bad habit! 'Stress'! -rah
Post a Comment