Well, it has been an eventful week in the job department. Here is the update:
A week or so ago, after my 2nd interview with the bank downtown, a job posting came via email at work for an Accounting Tech for Accounts Payable at Shazam. I thought that was an interesting job, so I posted for that one just in case the bank job didn't pan out. Last Monday, I met with that hiring manager and discussed the job. All sounded good. She told me that she should know more later in the week.
By Wednesday, I still hadn't heard anything from the bank, so I called the hiring manager there and left a voicemail. She didn't call back on Wednesday, or Thursday. I figured my "thanks but no thanks" letter must be in the mail. I was bummed.
Thursday morning, I got called into HR at work. There, the HR rep, plus the manager from accounting was waiting for me. They offered me the accounting job. I was very excited, and I accepted the offer. I get to keep the same pay (by all rights, I should have taken a cut). I will also keep my same seniority level. I am nearly 100% vested in the Shazam pension plan, so that it also a nice perk. Plus, the accounting job has better hours and a more relaxed dress code than the bank job would have offered. I emailed the bank and asked to be removed from consideration in the electronic banking department.
Then, Thursday evening, I had messages from the bank requesting a call back. I called them back on Friday. They didn't come right out and offer me the job, but they just wanted to make sure that I was satisfied with my new position at Shazam. I told them that I was. They also told me that if the new job isn't what I was expecting, that I could give them a call. I was happy to know that they were interested in me, and that they would have (evenutally) offered me a position.
So, now I am in limbo for a week or so. Even though I have worked at Shazam for over 4 years, they still have to do a criminal background check on me before I can officially begin the new position. Keep your fingers crossed on that one!! Once that is back, they can make the announcement, and my new and old managers can work out a plan with HR to get me moved.
Sorry to bore you with all of the details. I'm just grateful that after the past month that I am finally getting a new job!!
Have a great weekend.
-Matt
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Congratulations Matt! I had actually been checking back at your page every once in a while to see if there was any news regarding your job application. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that they don't find out about all of your criminal activities :) ! Jane (Kucharik)
Holy shit, Matt! I didn't even see this post, I read about your new counters, and totally missed this news! I'm so happy for you! I hope this new position is so much less stressful for you. You deserve it!
Yay Matt!
PS. I hope you didn't think I was snubbing you or anything. I really feel bad I didn't notice this post. Must learn to scroll down next time...
Post a Comment