Sunday, October 28, 2007

Napoleon Dynamite

A co-worker lent me the DVD of Napoleon Dynamite to watch, as I'd never seen it before. Des and I watched it last night. I'm now wondering if this co-worker for some reason hates me. I cannot believe she wanted us to waste an hour and a half of our lives on that pointless movie!

A couple of weeks ago at work, something was mentioned about writing in a co-worker for President. That discussion led to a "Vote for Pedro" discussion, and then a Napoleon Dymamite conversation. I said that I had never seen that movie before. The next day, Judy comes bringing in the movie for us to watch.

Although we don't understand the point of that show, we have been borrowing quite a few lines from it today. "What the heck are you talking about" "Get your own tots" and "What the heck do you think...God" And, it was rather humorous to see this idiot running around school in moon boots.

The people at work compared this movie to Dumb and Dumber. I don't agree. Dumb and Dumber is one of my favorite movies of all time. It had a plot. Harry and Lloyd had to get the briefcase back to Mary. It was hilarious. Napoleon was just plain dumb!!

There is your editorial for today.

-Matt

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Matt-
I totally agree! I don't get this movie either-but people are soooooooooo obsessed with it! Dumb and Dumber is so much better. I think people like it because of the weird people in it and the catch phrases! Who the heck knows!