Hi all!
Here's a quick recap of the events of the past few days.
Thursday, I drove to Coralville to meet Mom and Mel and do some shopping. We shopped at the mall until about 2pm then headed to Cedar Rapids in the snow. The elevated part of I-380 in CR was nasty! We then stopped at a few places in CR and headed to Monticello. It took about an hour to drive from Marion to Monticello (should only take about 30 min). We drove about 20-40 mph in a huge line of cars behind a snowplow. But amazingly, there were no cars in the ditches along Hwy 151. Then we had supper at Mom and Dad's with Mom and Dad, Mel and Jerry, and the boys, and hung out in the basement watching Gary and Papa (my dad) play with slot cars.
Friday, I hung out with Mel and the boys at their house, played a little Guitar Hero and Big Brain Academy, and Jerry joined us to eat lunch at the Pizza Ranch. Went back to Mel's and the boys bundled up to play in the snow. I took off for Altoona then, and the drive was fine. A little boring by myself, but the roads were fine. Matt took the afternoon off to do some shopping, as well. Then, because of predictions of nasty weather all weekend, Matt and I decided to head to West Des Moines and try to finish up as much shopping as we could Friday night. I think we are finished! Except for maybe a few things for each other.
We went to Panera in Ankeny before the "weather" hit on Saturday and also stopped at Target (again). We then spent hours wrapping all of the presents. Oh boy. Didn't do much the rest of the day because of the reports of nasty weather.
Sunday, I slept in (8:00 woohoo!) and did some cleaning, made lunch, and other misc. things. All in all, I think we got about 1/2" of snow. Where was all of this nasty weather they were all talking about? Not in our neighborhood, I guess. We were getting a little stir crazy sticking around the house all weekend. Probably could have ventured out.
Well, this is the end of my four-day weekend. Shoot. It was nice while it lasted. They say there will be some more nasty weather this week. I guess we just wait and see.
~Desi
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What is your weather there today Tuesday? It was pouring down rain at 6:30 this AM. Quite a few people stayed home. I came home at 1. Now it is pouring down again. May start freezing as the temps are going down. Ice about 1/2 inch thick on the trees. Hanging very low on the power lines. Not nice. Sure hope the power stays on. be safe. -rah
Post a Comment