Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Half of a snow day

Our poor front yard tree covered in ice. It looked like this last Feb/Mar during that ice storm.


Christmas candy cane yard decorations with icicles.


Well, this morning I ventured to work in the rain. Probably not the brightest thing I have ever done. The interstate was okay this am, slushy and wet. I drove about 50 mph to work. The side streets and hospital parking lot were terrible! My 8:00 and 10:30 showed up, and everyone else cancelled or didn't show. At about 1:00, I decided to go home since the snow had stopped. The drive home was also okay, about 50-60 mph. The interstate was kinda icy and wet on the way home. Side streets were super slushy. Most of the snow came while I was at work. Matt also went to work today and was safe both ways. We both got free meals, though- Matt got pizza, and I had leftovers from yesterday's Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation department Christmas party.



Took me about 1 1/2 hrs to shovel the driveway and sidewalk when I arrived home early from work. The driveway was fine- light and powdery, but the sidewalk was quite another story! I think the snowplow passed by and pushed slush onto the sidewalk and the driveway approach. Then the slush froze. Not fun to shovel.



I am quite sick of winter already. Thing is, it isn't even officially winter, yet!!

~Desi

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Come visit us in California! Even though we think it's cold, I'm sure you'd think it was warm!

Jason said...

I am sick of winter as well!!

Anonymous said...

Glad you both got back and forth to/from work. We lucked out with the temps keeping us in rain and slush but coating all the trees with ice. Luckily no wind. No trees on my house like Mel had. YUCKY WINTER! -rah

Anonymous said...

Glad you both got back and forth to/from work. We lucked out with the temps keeping us in rain and slush but coating all the trees with ice. Luckily no wind. No trees on my house like Mel had. YUCKY WINTER! -rah