Saturday, December 1, 2007



This window is not supposed to be textured. It is ice.



Ice on the front steps and sidewalk.


The weather is seriously cruddy. Lots of accidents on the interstates, Des Moines airport is currently closed, some power outages in the area, and travel is not advised.
We are pretty bummed because we will miss Gary's b-day party. He is supposed to have a little party with his friends today then a family party this evening. I hope he can still have the parties because Mel always works so hard to plan and cook for them.
We always like to make it back for the kids' birthdays. We couldn't make it back for Leah's birthday in January one year (this year?) due to weather.

We love you, Gary, and we are very sorry we can't be there for your birthday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to know you did not veture NE this weekend. I wondered. Gary will understand I'm sure! Eating supper from Panera as I read this! :) -rah