Well, here it is the weekend again, and we are bracing for yet another winter storm. The weather chicks this morning said it would start at about noon. They're saying about 3-5" and a lot of wind. Oh boy, more shoveling. Good day to do laundry and make sugar cookies. We went to the bank and the grocery store this morning (along with everyone else in Altoona, I think!).
The past few days have been quite foggy. Yesterday, I-80 eastbound from Newton was even closed because their were so many fog related accidents.
Today, we also have the Grand Prix at the shop. The ride has been terrible and the steering wheel jerks. I drove it to work the other day, and I was convinced one of the front wheels was going to fall off! Looks like it will need all new struts, balancing, and alignment. Oh boy. What is that going to cost? Good thing we won the lottery last weekend! Well, at our department Christmas party at work I got a gift that had some scratch tickets in it. I won four dollars there and decided to use that to just buy more tickets. Scratched the new ones and won $43.00!! Yay! I've never won that much off of scratch tickets! Then, I promptly turned around and gassed up the Trailblazer. There goes our $43.00! Oh well, free tank of gas!
Also, we received our check in the mail for that class action lawsuit against Microsoft here in Iowa. That was only about $32. Better than a kick in the seat!
Matt and I both work half a day on Christmas Eve. Then we will head to Monticello. We'll go to church with my mom and dad on Christmas Eve and stay overnight at their house. We'll go up to Mel's for Christmas and probably stop at Matt's parents quick to wish them a Merry Christmas. We'll head back to Altoona Christmas afternoon/evening because we both have to work on Wednesday. We'll go back to Monticello next Saturday for Christmas with the Kray's. Nina just loves it when everyone stays overnight! I'm excited to see their new bathroom remodel. I bet it is beautiful!
Well, that's all I know right now. Wind is blowing, but the snow hasn't started, yet.
~Desi
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Enjoyed our chat. Safe travel both times. Hugs to all from me...Merry Christmas! Love ya, rah
Post a Comment