Thursday, December 6, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!

The snow tapered off around 6 this evening in the Des Moines area. We ended up with about 4 or 5 inches of snow. It was very light and powdery, so it was easy to shovel! It started at about 11 this morning, and was still going strong at about 3:45, so they announced to the supervisors at work to let everyone go home. My normal end time now is 4, so it wasn't too much of an early out for me!

The drive home wasn't too bad. The bypass had one pretty clear lane most of the time, and traffic was moving at about 45 or 50. It took about 45 minutes to get home, as opposed to the usual 30. Not too bad.

Desi is in Monticello this evening, so I'm just chillin' here at home. It'll probably be an early night tonight. I was awake at 4:45 this morning for some reason, and couldn't get back to sleep. Bummer.

My new job is going quite well. My trainer has been out for a couple of days with the flu, so I've been flying solo. My manager is telling me that I'm doing very well. I guess I'll believe her! I think I'm catchin on pretty good too. The daily work is no problem for me now, but it's the little quirky things that don't come up every day that keep me up at night (or in the early morning, like today).

Everyone have a good Friday, and good weekend. Be careful if you're traveling.

-Matt

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Matt, I think winter is here to stay at the rate it is going. It started snowing here at 4:30 and quit by 9 when I was coming home from bible study class. I almost did not go...it was a small crowd. I'd guess maybe 2" here but enough to be a pain in the .... I shoveled some at 9 when I got home. Hope Desi is having a good couple days off. -rah

Kati said...

Glad to hear the new position is going well.