Sunday, January 27, 2008

Another Productive Weekend

(Just in case you were wondering, I fixed the problem our blog was having. I bet you are relieved!)

Well, we had another busy and productive weekend. Friday night, we started moving the knick knack type stuff out of the living room in preparation for painting.

Saturday morning, we traveled to West Des Moines to have Panera and run some other errands- Target, Costco, washed the Grand Prix, etc. Then, we ate at Palmer's Deli on the way home. When we got home, we moved the furniture out, and Matt started painting the ceiling. I taped and trimmed around the light fixtures while he was painting. We warmed up some food for supper and ate it on the couch in the middle of the living room and watched the TV that was sitting in the middle of the living room (all kinds of furniture by the bar and in the dining room and paint supplies on the table). We then decided to head over to Pleasant Hill to see a movie. We went to "The Bucket List," and I am sure that we were about the youngest people in the theater! It was pretty funny.

Sunday morning we were up bright and early (grr...), so we got back to the painting. We put the wall color up and also cleaned the carpet since everything was pulled out. We left then and washed the TrailBlazer. (45 degrees today! 50 tomorrow!) We even had the house windows open a crack to help dry the carpets. When we got back, we put everything back together, washed the paint clothes and drop cloths, cleaned up, and plopped in our chairs by about 5:00. Well deserved rest, I should say! I plan to watch TV and eat popcorn now.
I don't plan on posting any pics of the living room because it really doesn't look any different. About the same color, just cleaner and fresher.

Have a great week!

~Desi

1 comment:

Mel said...

Sounds like fun! (note sarcasm) We had a busy weekend, too! Saturday we had a wedding (were gone from 1-8) and today we spent the day sledding and playing in the snow at bob n jan's and had supper there. Matt, Kelly n the kids were there...it was a full, fun day! Kids fell asleep before we left reached 38. They were TIRED! In bed by 7:30, gotta love that!!!