Since we are in a winter storm warning, the powers that be at Shazam let us all go home at 2:30 today. Yeah! I'll take an extra hour and a half off, with pay! The roads were merely wet, not bad at all. It took an extra 5 minutes to get home, mainly because I went the speed limit the whole time.
I've got some laundry started, and got the sidewalks/driveway shoveled. The temp gauge in the car said it was 33, so I thought if I got the snow off, the above freezing temps would melt the ever-so thin layer of ice underneath. It must have sleeted a bit before the snow started. We've got about 3 inches on the ground, but will have up to 8 before morning. Yuck!
I'm glad that the Giants won the Super Bowl. I'm so sick of hearing about the Patriots' "perfect season." I have no respect for the Patriots' coach, since he got caught cheating this season. I wonder how long he'd been doing that? Besides, his arrogance with the media has really rubbed me the wrong way. I am not, by any means, a Giants fan (Go Vikings!), but they were the lesser of two evils playing in the Super Bowl.
Work has been rather slow in my department this week. The first week of the month usually is (or so I'm told. This is only my third- first week of the month). I've been spending almost half of my day helping my old department. What a drag. I guess its better to have something to keep me busy. I don't like idle time.
Desi should be home soon. Tonight, we are going to be some of those annoying people who run to the grocery store when it snows. Desi is hosting the neighborhood Bunco party this Thursday evening, so we need to get all of the stuff for that. Tomorrow night, we have an appointment in Clive, so we need to get this done tonight. The store should be nice & busy. Can't wait!
Everyone be safe in the weather.
-Matt
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
What is a bunco party?
Bunco is a dice game. I had never heard of it before I moved to Altoona. The second my co-worker heard that I was moving into the neighborhood, she told me I needed to be on her Bunco team. We meet the first Thursday of each month at someone's house. My turn this month.
Post a Comment