Friday, February 1, 2008

Garage Doors

Desi got to rant yesterday. Today it's my turn.

Our garage door is really getting on my nerves. Ever since it got cold out, whenever the button is pushed, the door only goes up about a foot. If you are inside the house, you just push the button again, and while the door is on its way down, push the button again quickly. This confuses the door, and it goes up all the way. However, when you are in the car, the remote buttons aren't responsive enough to push twice quickly, so you have to get out, come inside, and open the door from inside. Grr!!

My garage door in Monticello used to do the same thing when it got really cold. When it first started here, I didn't think anything of it. However, it get annoying when all of the neighbors' garage doors goes up the first time, every time. Sorry, I've got garage door envy!! :-)

So, in conclusion, if we can send people to the moon and clone sheep, why can't we invent garage doors that open in the cold?!?!

Thanks for listening.

-Matt

3 comments:

Mel said...

Haa haa! You guys make me laugh!!

Anonymous said...

I agree! The past 2 'rantings' have been a great chuckle! I love it! Maybe on the moon they have garage doors that work and diet pop that doesn't suck!
Love ya - you too Mel!!!
-rah

Jana S. said...

If it makes you feel any better, our garage door does the same thing, and I thought we were the only ones in the world, so you have actually made me feel a lot better with your rant! Jane (Kucharik)