Friday, February 15, 2008

Valentine's Day and such


Howdy all!

Hope everyone had a good Valentine's Day. Matt sent me flowers at work. They are really pretty and have a cool vase. All I got him was a card and a personalized sugar cookie. (It was tasty. The cookie, not the card.) We went to the Fireside Grille here in Altoona for supper. We decided on going there because we had a 20% off coupon from the paper (hee hee!). One of the owners of the place lived two doors down from us. The food was really good, but it smells smoky (even in the non-smoking section). Also, our server was not good. We had the coupon on the edge of the table the whole time, and she never took it. When she delivered the bill to the table, we placed the coupon on TOP of our debit card thinking that she would surely see it. Lo and behold, when the receipt came back, no 20% off. Needless to say, she did not get a tip. Her tip is probably what we WOULD have saved on the bill had she used the coupon. At least the food was yummy. Then, we went home, changed into lounging clothes, watched Survivor, read the paper, and watched an episode of House Hunters on HGTV with a couple searching for a home in Ankeny. That was pretty cool.

Work was SLOOOOW today. Two new evals cancelled, so I only had four patients. Next week should be a little busier because one of the therapists is on vacation. Matt has been pretty busy at work, though. He plans on going in to work Saturday morning to work on chargebacks. Bleh. I'll do laundry or something.

~Des

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Pretty flowers! I can't believe Iowa hasn't banished smoking in restaurants and bars! I hope they will soon because it is sooooooooooooooo nice. That is an awesome schedule! 4 patients today! Probably a little boring though! I could use a little boring after my busy week! 25 patients today plus one eval and Tuesday I saw 17 patients from 8 to 12! Crazy! Happy Valentine's Day!

Mel said...

Love, love, LOVE the pink Gerbera daisies! They're my favorite!!!! We were surprised by Bob and Jan who took the boys at five. Jerry and I had a nice quiet meal at Zoey's, spent over an hour browsing at Best Buy, and then topped off our night at Cold Stone! That was a great Valentine's for me!

PS- Brendan's room is ALMOST DONE! I'll put pics on my blog when it's done. Just two more (small) walls to paint, switch out some plug-ins and a light switch, re-hang the mini blinds correctly, break out the new bedding, and then it's done! I have his room completely disassembled today, he's sleeping in the spare bed in the toy room for the night! ;-)

Anonymous said...

That will teach you to eat somewhere other than Panera! Since Illinois has gone smoke free - eating out is a whole lot nicer. I ate in a bar on Monday night and it was soooo nice. Smoke free.
-rah

Kristi said...

Update-I saw that Ankeny House Hunters too! That guy was such a doofus! He was obsessed the coat closet and "double stall" garage!