Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Snow Day!

Well, for me at least. Sounds like a couple of my co-workers called in as well. Matt had to go to work because he has to do check runs on Wednesdays. I feel really really really really bad, though. I wish I would have decided I wasn't going in to work before Matt left this morning. He could have taken the Trailblazer instead of the Grand Prix. He went through town instead of taking the bypass today, and it took him forever to get to work. He said that he had to stop twice to clear the snow off of the wiper blades. I feel bad.

We've received at least 8 inches so far. I think it is still snowing. Our neighbor snowblowed the driveway this morning. I was just going to let it go until it stopped snowing. Probably a good thing, though. There was a huge drift at the end of the driveway, and Matt may not have been able to get through it. We'll have to get something for the neighbors who have helped us with the snow this winter. Maybe a gift certificate to a restaurant or to Casey's to help pay for the gas to blow our driveway.

Snow stinks!! I've had enough. I'm moving in with you, Kristi!!

~Desi

4 comments:

Mel said...

Happy Bunco-ing tomorrow night! What does Matt do during said parties??

Desi and Matt said...

I work late, get a much-needed hair cut, and maybe a little Valentines Day shopping. Anything but come home to the hen party!!

-Matt

Kristi said...

Haha-I hate to rub it in, but starting today, it's supposed to be in the 70s for a week and sunny. I do feel for you guys though, because this winter has just been one thing after another!

Anonymous said...

Love the lights! Hate the weather! About 8" in the QCA with some 1 1/2 foot drifts in my driveway. Took 2 passes of the snowblower to remove yesterday's snow. We hovered around 32/33 so got more rain than snow. What a pain. Looks dark and gray again now like it could snow again. YUCK!
Be safe. Have fun bunco-ing!
-rah