Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And So It Begins...

Another lawn mowing season is upon us. The rains that we have received recently turned the lawn very green, and rather tall. I pulled the mower out of the shed tonight, and fired it up. Started on the first pull. I really have no idea what I would have done if it didn't start. Get a new one, I guess. I'm not very mechanically inclined.

Desi worked late tonight. I had the lawn mowed by the time she got home. We made supper, cleaned up the kitchen, and then headed separate directions. She went for a bike ride, I took a walk. It was a gorgeous evening here. The day started out with some thunderstorms & hail this morning. One of the first thunderstorms of the season.

We taped American Idol tonight and watched it when we got home. I feel so bad for poor Brooke. She didn't do so well. I called and voted for her. A LOT! I'm not sure how many times I voted. My dialed number call list in my phone only holds 40 calls. So, it was more that 40 apparently. Hope it helps! Carly Smithson totally rocked tonight. I've never heard Jesus Christ Superstar sound like a rock song. Way cool!

Hope everyone is having a good week thus far.

-Matt

4 comments:

Mel said...

*hopefully* I can watch AI tomorrow....my house is looking quite shabby from all of the excitement over the weekend and the past two days...that and the nice weather has pushed us all outside the past few days.

How'd my David C. do???

Kristi said...

I'm sorry Matt...but I think she may be the one to leave. She hasn't been doing too well lately and that just put the icing on the cake tonight. I can't believe you've never heard JCS sang as a rock song-that's how it is meant to be ;) Just the movie version made it sound like a porn soundtrack/70s disco/jive type thing

Kati said...

I think that Brooke and dreads did the worst this week. I would agree with the judges that this was one of Sysha's best weeks. David and Carly were great. I hadn't been liking Carly lately, and she changed my opinion last night. Brooke is so nice everyone have to like her but she just doesn't have what it takes to make it much further in this competition. If it could be Carly Simon week every week she would rock though!

Anonymous said...

I don't watch AI so can't comment on it but I did mow my front lawn tonight. It was getting long. Monday I put grass side in back and tonight a small dose of fertilizer. Rain the next 2 days will help then I can mow in back. Mom told me snow in forecast for NE Iowa this weekend. YUCKO! I have daffodils and tulips blooming and my rhododenrens are solid purple. Rain will nuke them tomorrow. They don't last but sure are pretty tonight. love ya, rah