Sunday, April 27, 2008

Weekend Update

Hola everyone!

We stayed in Altoona this weekend. Saturday morning we had a new member class at the church we have been going to. That was from 9 to 2. We had lunch at Kin Folks in Altoona. We had never been there before, and it was pretty good. They serve BBQ-type food. On May 10, we will be come new members of Lutheran Church of the Cross. There aren't any Presbyterian churches around here. This church really isn't any different from Presbyterian beliefs anyway. They have a very dynamic pastor who is enjoyable to listen to. Its about time for us to find a church home. We really haven't gone to church regularly since we moved out to Central Iowa.

After that, we traveled to WDM to go to Costco. We picked up a bunch of supplies for Bill and Nina's 40th anniversary party in June. I also decided I wanted to look for some new work shoes, which was really a stupid idea. I HATE SHOE SHOPPING!!! If my feet were two sizes smaller, I might enjoy it. It is sooooo frustrating!! I think I will just go around barefoot from now on.

Before we left, we put some chili in the crockpot and enjoyed that when we got home. Matt mowed the lawn, and I worked on some laundry and putzing. Then we just lounged and finished laundry the rest of the night. (Wild and crazy party animals, we are!)

Sunday morning, we went to church. We then came home and cleaned. My bathroom was just disgusting with hair product film, dust, and towel fuzz. Yuck! I hate cleaning the bathroom. Matt cleaned his bathroom and the first floor half bath. I washed all the first floor windows on the inside (patio door and front door on outside as well) before I ran out of cleaner. Matt swept and mopped the kitchen/dining room, and I tried vacuuming before the vac died after 5 min. The stupid thing overheats or something and shuts itself off. The bar keeps rotating, though. Weird. It only picks stuff up when it wants to, as well. Maybe that is where some of our rebate money will go.

After cleaning and lunch, we went out to the newest elementary school in town to snoop around the open house. Then, our weekend trip to Target. We bought an itty bitty gas grill to try. We are grill virgins, so we wanted to start small (hee hee). If we like it, we might go with a bigger grill.

Well that was a long post for a weekend that really wasn't that action packed! A busy week is planned, though. I'm doing some training at work for a new piece of equipment that PT and occupational health will be using for pre-work screens. We will also be trained for some job analysis and will go around the hospital analyzing various jobs in each department. I may even have to go to Kansas (woohoo) this summer for some training in Functional Capacity Evaluations. The training this week is 2 1/2 days. It is hard to stuff a busy schedule of patients into the other 2 1/2 days.

I better stop now before you all fall asleep!

Adios!
~Des

4 comments:

Kati said...

I love grilling. We are no experts but nothing beats burgers and brats on the grill (or a big fat tbone!!). The thing I probably like the most about grilling (aside from keeping the mess outside) is the smell. Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your weekend news! Congrats on joining a church. That is good! hugs, rah

Kristi said...

My thoughts are with Matt as he grieves the loss of Brooke on AI ;).

Desi and Matt said...

At least now I know you won't be hunting me down! :-)