Thursday, April 3, 2008

*&)$% Snow

This winter sucks! Even though the calendar says it's spring, it snowed today. Not enough to accumulate on the sidewalks & streets, but the ground was covered, and we had to clean off our cars after work today. Give it a rest, Mother Nature.

We had a close call last night. We almost lost Brooke White on American Idol. She was in the bottom three. Thankfully, she survived. I hope she does better next week. Not only that, they had to take David Cook to the hospital Tuesday night after the show. Thankfully it was just a spike in the blood pressure. Everything's fine with him. Des and I both came close to losing our idols!

We are stoked that Boston is coming to the fair this year. We'll have to make sure to get July 18th off, so we can head to Monticello. Even though all of their songs sound the same, I do love Boston. Sounds like The Great Jones County Fair has another great lineup this year. I don't know how they do it!

Telemarketers tick me off. I just had another call just now. We should cut off our land line. The only calls we get are telemarketers and our moms that call on Sunday evenings. We could probably get them to call our cell phones instead. I don't know though, I just got my mom to use a debit card. It may be awhile before I'll be able to get her to learn something else. :-)

Well, Desi just got home from Bunco now, so I better get the low down. Have a good weekend!

-Matt

6 comments:

Mel said...

That's where you and I differ.

The only people I have ever heard of coming to the fair this year is Boston. Couldn't tell you a single song they sing, though. I've just heard of them.

Wait--- I think I may have heard Dad drop the Messina name before, but I wouldn't know anything she sings, either. The rest I have never hear of...

So this year it's five country acts, an ancient classic rock band, and some kiddie disney show. *sigh* I guess the fair and I were never meant to be.

Chris Daughtry would be a good name for the fair. I'd totally go, then. I'd love to see a Daughtry show, anywhere (they're in DSM on the 20th) but the kicker is you have to pay a lot of money because they open for Bon Jovi. Blegh. I liked Bon Jovi in the 80's during the "Shot Through The Heart" days.

But I ramble. I'm just frustrated that the fair most likely will never pull a show I would pay to watch.

Mel said...

Ya know, if they're going to do Classic rock bands, why don't they try to get Heart? I would totally go to that show.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Mother Nature needs to give us a break! Did Desi win at Bunco?
-rah

Kristi said...

Bwahahahaha ;) That fake-out spring sucks. It won't be long now though...

Desi and Matt said...

I've only heard of the other acts because my parents sit and rot in front of the TV, watching nothing but country videos and old westerns. I don't know any of the songs that the others sing, but I know they are all popular acts these days. I wouldn't pay to see their shows either, but acts like that do draw many to the fair, and keep the fair going year after year. Matt

Mel said...

Touche- but the Dubuque Co. fair had the triple threat of Buckcherry, Hinder, and Papa Roach last year, and the head fair guy got on the stage and said it was the biggest night for gate admission the fair had ever seen-

I just wish Jones Co. would give it a shot-- just once.