Thursday, May 8, 2008

Productive Day

Even though I haven't been to work yet, it has already been a productive day. I got up and put the weed & feed on the yard early this morning. Die dandelions, die!! Then I started my monthly Tylenol drip and headed off to the ortho. They took off my button this morning. About 4 or 5 months ago, they put a "button" on the inside of one of my teeth, and then stretched a rubber band from the button to my back bracket. The theory was to help get the teeth straighter faster. Must have worked, slowly but surely. They took that off today, and put on some stronger wires on th front again. That'll hurt later. But, he says my teeth are looking great.

I had to make a quick run to Target after the ortho. Thursday morning is a great time to do that. The store was practically empty, save for a few white trash looking people. Get a job, seriously. :-) Then, I made a quick run through the car wash. The poor Pontiac looked terrible!

Now, I am back home waiting for the garage door repair man. He will be here between 10 and 11 (or so they say). We have this nice rusty line on the garage door right down the middle of it. Marc had noticed this last weekend, and he took a look at it. He thought that maybe at some point they lubricated the door too much, and some of it dripped on the door when it was open. No big deal, just needs to be painted. We can handle that. But, he also noticed that the cover over the door pull, that pulls the door open next to the chain, was cracked and was nearly falling off. If that fell off, it could go through a car window, so we figured we better get that fixed. So, I am waiting for the repair guy to come and get that done.

If the door gets fixed in a timely manner, I need to stop by the DM Register office downtown on my way to work. I won another prize in their daily "prize vault." This time, I won 4 tickets to a Des Moines Menace soccer game. Has anyone ever been to a soccer game before? Does anyone want to go to one with us? We have extra tickets. :-)

Once I get to work, the productivity will hopefully continue. The 10th is fast approaching, and I have journal entries and account recs to finish. Sounds exciting, doesn't it?!?

We've got a big weekend on the docket this week. We have our Iowa Cubs baseball game for work Friday night. Saturday we need to get to Earl May and get a new shrub for the front of the house. We are going to take out a boring green plant and replace it with a burning bush. That should add some nice color in the fall. We should also look into getting some new window treatments for the bedrooms and living room. I am so over these stupid vinyl blinds! We got our money from Uncle Sam yesterday, so that should help!! Then, on Sunday, we will become members of Lutheran Church of the Cross here in Altoona. Busy weekend!

Well, I should end this now and go downstairs to wait for the repair man. Hopefully he'll be here soon! Have a great day.

-Matt

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What - no AI update! How am I going to keep up with the news???

WOW! What a productive morning! I was wondering why you were not at work! Is the mouth sore tonight? Bet so! No smooching Desi! I met a friend at Panera tonight. It was quite pleasant. We sat and talked almost 3 hours! And no one asked us to leave! That weird guy is still there ALL THE TIME!!!

Congrats again on joining your new church! I'm very happy for you! luv u, rah