
Sniffling and coughing seems to be about all I did this weekend. I woke up still feeling cruddy this AM but decided my day at work was too busy to call in sick. It helps that most of my patients today already had their own colds or had a sick family member. I should have rested more this weekend instead of trying to be productive.
Saturday morning, we went to Panera then to the Downtown Farmer's Market. We weren't at the Farmer's Market for too long because we forgot to put sunblock on. It got up to the mid-80's on Saturday. On the way home, we bought some flowers and a burning bush to plant. Saturday afternoon, Matt pulled out the bush, planted the new one, and planted the annuals in some beds and pots. I attempted to help, but I was really just spaced out and in the way, coughing everywhere. Matt is so awesome. Thanks for doing all of the planting!
We went to church Saturday evening, ate english muffin pizzas, and watched "27 Dresses." The movie was just alright. Would you believe that we haven't rented a movie since we lived in Monticello? That was about five years ago! We have a coupon that entitles us to a free movie rental every month for a year, so we might as well use it.
Sunday morning, we watched the other movie we rented, "Juno." That movie was pretty funny! Then we went to the Spring Art Market (show) in Valley Junction. The only thing we bought was kettle corn. The art was all very nice, and there were many pieces I would have liked but not much in our price range.
We also bought a new couch this weekend! Well, not a new couch persay, but a slipcover. A slipcover? you say. It really doesn't look bad. Look at the picture. It is stretchy, so it hugs the sofa's curves. If you look at it quickly, you can't really tell it is a slipcover. We think it looks nice, and it is WAAAY cheaper than a new sofa.
Well, we wish you a safe and HEALTHY week!
~Des

3 comments:
Okay - I was duped! I thought for sure you bought a new sofa! WOW - it really looks great! Good job! Do we get 'flower' or 'yard' pics anytime soon? Need to see how your garden grows! Awesome Matt! Sick Desi! Hope you feel better and did not 'share' smooching germs with Matt! :) Check your email.
hugs, rah
"Jesus, Banana, shut your gob!" I frickin' love 'Juno'. I bought that movie. It cost $20, but I had a gift card, and hadn't purchased a new movie in years. Totally worth it.
"It makes my boyfriend's junk smell like pie".....haa haa haa!!!!
Seriously, that is your old couch slipcovered? No frickin' way! Looks totally awesome!!
LOVE the slip cover! I was fooled, but did think that the seat cushions looked strange, but that would be why! I love it! Love the color! Good idea if you can't find a couch you don't like!
Post a Comment