It is beautiful outside right now. We tried to fire up our midget grill this evening, but it is just too windy. Made hot dogs on the Foreman grill instead and ate outside on the deck.
Friday night we did a marathon cleaning session, as we learned that Matt't parents wanted to come out on Saturday. They had never seen our new counters and painting (the counters have been in since October!) They arrived Saturday morning at about 10:45. They ate a late breakfast in Newton, so Matt and I grabbed a bite to eat and we went to do a little shopping. I actually bought a dress! I don't think I've worn a dress since graduation! I bought it at Kohl's- original price $50, 40% off, for a total of $24 (I'm not a mathematician, but that seems like more than 40% off to me). I have about three things I can wear it for this spring and summer, so I thought that was a hella deal. Thank goodness I already have some shoes that will work because that would be a total ordeal if I had to look for shoes!
While we were shopping Matt's mom got a call from Marc (Matt's brother) saying that he had some morels for them. Matt's mom told them to come out, and they did! We chatted and played a rousing game of dominoes. We then went out to supper at The Big Steer because Bill had mentioned that he would like a steak dinner. The place is always packed, so we figured it must be good (we had never been there before). It was really good, a little pricey, but tasty. We didn't leave hungry. Marc and Sarah left after supper, and the rest of us just hung out and watched "Grumpier Old Men."
Sunday morning, we had breakfast at Village Inn, and Bill and Nina left for home. After they left, I drug Matt to Newton for what he called, "a grueling battery of crap." This past week our clinic had a Physical Capacity Profile machine installed. Another therapist and I were trained in the use of it along with job analysis. If a local employer offers someone a job, they can send the prospective employee to occupational health for a physical and drug test then send them down to the PT department for the fitness and strength testing (PCP). We have to test ten people on this machine before we can become certified. Matt was my first guinea pig. He will be sore tomorrow! Anyone else want to volunteer?
After the "grueling battery of crap" we traveled to Ankeny to buy a vacuum. This one better last longer than our previous vacuum! We then traveled home and went for a long walk.
Next week looks to be a busy week for both of us at work. Then Thursday night, I have Bunco, Friday night we have tickets to SHAZAM night at the I-Cubs, and then new member installation at church that weekend.
Have a great week everyone!
~Des
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hope you found a good vacuum cleaner! Can you believe I have had the same vacuum since college??? I bought it at Wal-Mart or Target for like $50 and it still works wonderfully! It doesn't do our tile well, but I don't think vacuums are supposed to! So, now we have one for the tile too!
I think I should bring employees down for your testing so maybe I wouldn't end up with such wussy douche bags!!!!
Post a Comment