Thursday, May 15, 2008

This and that. Not much really.

Thought I should blog but don't really have much to say.

Syesha was voted out on AI last night. I think it should have been little David because he sounds like he is in the high school show choir. I really hate the group song that they sing on Wednesday nights. They are always terrible!

Went for a bike ride tonight. It was a beautiful evening. My legs are sore now!

I've been seriously busy at work lately. Patients and trying to fit in 10 people to test on this new machine. I've only done four so far. I have no idea if I am going to get them all done.

Last night, my co-worker/neighbor Juli and her daughter came over to meet Oliver. They are going to watch Oliver for a few days at the end of the month when we are gone. The girls are so excited about it. They have been wanting a pet, so piggysitting would be a good stepping stone. I've been trying to trim his nails before he goes to stay with them, but he is being a baby about it.

I've been feeling slightly under the weather the past week. Sore throat for the first half of the week and now some serious drainage and runny nose. I just want to clear my throat all day long. I had some serious sinus and ear pain earlier today and could have sworn I had a sinus infection. I've never had one before, but I could about imagine that is what one would feel like. That's feeling better now, though.

No big plans for the weekend. Maybe we will get some planting done. The tulips are starting to crash which makes me sad. Also, our pretty tree in the front yard looks half dead. That makes us sad, too.

Have a happy Friday and good weekend everyone!

~Des

4 comments:

Mel said...

Throat garbage must be going around. Jerry just got over a strep infection, and Gary's been coughing and saying his throat hurts now, too.

I don't want it. And you don't want a sinus infection. I've never had one last less than a week. It's constant pain/pressure all over the head, ears, and nasal sinuses, and you can't breathe out either nostril- even during the day when you're upright. They suck so badly. I've been counting my blessings as I didn't have one this season (after having 4 last year).

Kati said...

So where you going at the end of the month?

Desi and Matt said...

Strep throat had crossed my mind during the sore throat stage. Gee, I'm a drama queen or hypochondriac! Now I just need to place a bucket under my nose instead of blowing it every five minutes!

For our 5th anniversary, we are going up to the Twin Cities area. We're going to the mall, a dinner theatre, touring the city, etc.

Kati said...

Have fun! We will be in St Louis. I can't wait to go on a vacation with the GPS!